IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New CR: Obama on track for best private job creation ever.
Calculated Risk:

On Friday, I mentioned that private job creation was on pace for the best ever during a presidential term. I received a few emails asking if that was correct. The answer is "yes".

Here is a table of the top three presidential terms for private job creation (they also happen to be the three best terms for total non-farm job creation).

Note: Overall employment was smaller in the '80s, however the participation rate was increasing in the '80s. The prime working age labor force was growing more than 3% per year in the '80s with a surge in younger workers and women joining the labor force. Now, the overall population is larger, but the prime working age population has declined this decade and the participation rate is generally declining now.

Clinton's two terms were the best for both private and total non-farm job creation, followed by Reagan's 2nd term. Public sector job creation increased the most during Reagan's 2nd term.

Currently Obama's 2nd term is on pace to be the best ever for private job creation. However, with very few public sector jobs added, Obama's 2nd term is only on pace to be the third best for total job creation.

[...]

Interesting.

Cheers,
Scott.
New hmm 5 million new jobs 5 million work permits granted to aliens
wonder how that actually worked out?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New Quitcherbitchin
You're a entire nation of aliens. Knock this "I got mine, fuck y'all" shit off already.
New not bitching at all, people need to work to eat
I am not a real fan of borders, if money can freely leave a country in search of labor, labor should be able to freely move to money. Just noticing the trumpeting of the whitehouse is a false note.
http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/0310/p17s01-cogn.html

Wall Street cheered and stock prices rose when the US Labor Department announced last Friday that employers had expanded their payrolls by 262,000 positions in February.
But it wasn't entirely good news. The statisticians also indicated that the share of the adult population holding jobs had slipped slightly from January to 62.3 percent. That's now two full percentage points below the level in the brief recession that began in March 2001.
Why the apparent contradiction? Reasons abound: population growth, rising retirements. But one factor that gets little attention is immigration.

In the past four years, the number of immigrants into the US, legal and illegal, has closely matched the number of new jobs. That suggests newcomers have, in effect, snapped up all of the new jobs.

"There has been no net job gain for natives," says Andrew Sum, an economist at Northeastern University.
I suggest that these jobs are not new, just off the blackmarket as people get permission to work legally and are now reported. Article also notes that Europe has a similar issue.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
     CR: Obama on track for best private job creation ever. - (Another Scott) - (3)
         hmm 5 million new jobs 5 million work permits granted to aliens - (boxley) - (2)
             Quitcherbitchin - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 not bitching at all, people need to work to eat - (boxley)

A....E....I....O....U....Some....Times....Y.
36 ms