IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I've wondered how Twitter made money...
Balloon-Juice:

(Quoting another article)
First, it’s important to note how Twitter makes its money. In a Medium piece, Steven Levy writes that while Twitter’s user growth has continually disappointed Wall Street, it’s met revenue expectations far faster than many expected, hitting an estimated $1.375 billion in revenue last year. Twitter earned this cash through promoted tweets and trends that worm their way into users’ feeds. Crucially, Levy writes, advertisers do not pay based on how many people see the tweets; they pay based on how many people engage with them by retweeting, favoriting, or clicking a link.

That’s been Twitter’s revenue strategy all along. Rather than focus solely on building its user base (though, to be sure, Twitter is rightly concerned about that, too) it works to create an experience that leads to highly-engaged users who will be more likely to interact with each other in positive ways — and that includes brands.

Interesting. Though a 140 character "experience" seems to be stretching the meaning of the word...

Cheers,
Scott.
New Not really "stretching"
I've had actual positive results interacting with various companies on Twitter.

It's a powerful CS tool.
New Yeah, but you like Winders and live in Yurrup so you're wired weirdly. ;-)
New Rofl ;-)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     I've wondered how Twitter made money... - (Another Scott) - (3)
         Not really "stretching" - (pwhysall) - (2)
             Yeah, but you like Winders and live in Yurrup so you're wired weirdly. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Rofl ;-) -NT - (a6l6e6x)

Indigenous life must be in agreement.
34 ms