IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New 'War is the new normal: 7 reasons America can’t escape conflict'
War is the new normal: 7 reasons America can’t escape conflict

No sooner do we withdraw from one Middle Eastern country than we reengage another. It's a cycle we refuse to break
WILLIAM ASTORE, TomDispatch

Salon with link to Tom's Dispatch; complementary.. Wise words throughout--which means they will all go ^Zooom^ over the Coalition of the Brain-dead new-Neocons (now First-in-Charge, just below the Rulers.)
7. The new “normal” in America is war: The 9/11 attacks happened more than 13 years ago, which means that no teenagers in America can truly remember a time when the country was at peace. ”War time” is their normal; peace, a fairy tale.

What’s truly “exceptional” in twenty-first-century America is any articulated vision of what a land at peace with itself and other nations might be like. Instead, war, backed by a diet of fear, is the backdrop against which the young have grown to adulthood. It’s the background noise of their world, so much a part of their lives that they hardly recognize it for what it is. And that’s the most insidious danger of them all.

How do we inoculate our children against such a permanent state of war and the war state itself? I have one simple suggestion: just stop it. All of it. Stop making war a never-ending part of our lives and stop celebrating it, too. War should be the realm of the extreme, of the abnormal. It should be the death of normalcy, not the dreary norm.

It’s never too soon, America, to enlist in that good fight!
New The people foaming at the mouth for war
are conservatives sitting at their keyboards and Republicans in Congress.

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New s/Reactionaries/Conservatives {sigh} ... an exact-word ... in disuse.
New We don't really want it to end...
If we wanted it to end then we, the people, would make it known. To date, we have not.

From the editorial write-up (War is a force that gives us meaning):

"War is an enticing elixir. It gives us purpose, resolve, a cause. It allows us to be noble."

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1586480499/ref=dp_proddesc_1?ie=UTF8&n=283155

It gets quickly out of hand. A painful read.

http://www.amazon.com/Kill-Anything-That-Moves-American/dp/1250045061/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1423774258&sr=1-1&keywords=kill+anything+that+moves
     'War is the new normal: 7 reasons America can’t escape conflict' - (Ashton) - (3)
         The people foaming at the mouth for war - (lincoln) - (1)
             s/Reactionaries/Conservatives {sigh} ... an exact-word ... in disuse. -NT - (Ashton)
         We don't really want it to end... - (dmcarls)

I'm a Mog! Half man, half dog -- I'm my own best friend!
40 ms