IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New But, there is aluminum brazing.
Not an easy process. Back in the 70's, I had that done on a travel trailer aluminum water tank.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New MIG (MGAW) welding works well on aluminum.
Not difficult but you need the gear, including the gas tank. Pretty easy and very strong.
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
Expand Edited by hnick Jan. 31, 2015, 06:32:45 AM EST
New I learned to do that in metalwork at school
You need a really light touch, otherwise your work piece turns into Holesville, population: you.
     interesting $60 per hour to work on steel $120 an hr to work on aluminum - (boxley) - (11)
         It's quite more malleable; takes more skill not to ruin it. Sounds a bargain. -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
             eh? having made copper etchings as a tad - (boxley)
         Audi used to make the A8 from aluminum - (malraux) - (8)
             Also, you can't apply solder or lead to Aluminum. - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                 But, there is aluminum brazing. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                     MIG (MGAW) welding works well on aluminum. - (hnick) - (1)
                         I learned to do that in metalwork at school - (pwhysall)
             HMS Sheffield - (gcareaga) - (3)
                 Nice theory, not true. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                     But that is how it was reported at the time - (scoenye) - (1)
                         And no one likes to spoil a good story. -NT - (a6l6e6x)

Sex. Always sex.
147 ms