IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Careful. The questions aren't as focused as you may think.
Pew Poll of the general public and AAAS members.

E.g. are GMO foods "safe to eat". Are foods grown with pesticides (no mention if natural or artificial) "safe to eat".

Broader issues like - Is it a good idea to have a monoculture of GMO crops? Is it a good idea to use pesticides that kill pollinators? - those aren't mentioned.

And some questions are so broad as to be almost meaningless. "Do you favor or oppose the use of animals in scientific research?" That could cover everything from vivisection, to studies of genetic diseases with stem cells, to Temple Grandin's work on improving the treatment of livestock and animals sent to slaughter, to Goodall's work with apes.

Pew polls can have lots of issues. One has to be careful in interpreting them...

My $0.02.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Yup, you cut to the chase; this poll should spawn next, some specific, useful
queries, possibly [dare one Hope, still?] illuminating ones: for the n-Sides/not just two implicit in each of this poll's topics.

(I thought I indicated by my comments, the imprecision evident here. but it may? be a decent opening pot-stirrer for a next series; surely we all need to see some triage to decide what %dumbth or merely confusion? created these chasms. The latter can, at least, be addressed.

Surely one can Major--in some U.--in Honest and Relevant "poll creation"? (even if Bizness would not be interested in that.) After all, one can get a Degree (still? I suppose) in Mensuration, also hardly a junk course, when one ponders the magnitude of such processes.

Cross fingers: the present digital-think on such vital matters could kill us all (quite earlier than the other methods in motion.) As Sci Fri takes on the issue right now: "..maybe can persuade via brief personal exchanges." The poll gots legs..
     New survey shows extent of scientists’ divide with the public - (Ashton) - (4)
         I'd like to think... - (pwhysall) - (1)
             Doubtless that is much of it. - (Ashton)
         Careful. The questions aren't as focused as you may think. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Yup, you cut to the chase; this poll should spawn next, some specific, useful - (Ashton)