IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Shouldn't
First, I've seen some with stainless steel interiors. That'd be expensive as hell for a new one, but I checked Craigslist and there are plenty with blown compressors available cheap.

Second, sous vide is all about cooking low and slow. How low? What you want to serve at. So a side of beef would be about 135, and pork would be 160. Plastic should stand up to that pretty easily.

[edit] Here's a good one. https://www.flickr.com/photos/riverrats/sets/72157628074571836/
Now to see if he ever updated with the details.
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook Jan. 22, 2015, 04:46:36 PM EST
New huh, looks like a smoker. That will work alright
used to build smokers out of old refrigerators. Take the motor out of the bottom drill holes. Put fish on the racks and an electric plate in the bottom with a cast iron pan with wood chips in it
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New Sounds easier than the sous vide idea, I might give that one a go first
--

Drew
New Re: Sounds easier than the sous vide idea, I might give that one a go first
Don't necessarily need an old fridge...Look into used hotel serving things. The ones with the racks to slide prepared trays into. I've seen people use those to make homemade bacon and such.
-Mike

@MikeVitale42

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
     Need a DIY hardware recommendation - (drook) - (5)
         wont the plastic melt? -NT - (boxley) - (4)
             Shouldn't - (drook) - (3)
                 huh, looks like a smoker. That will work alright - (boxley) - (2)
                     Sounds easier than the sous vide idea, I might give that one a go first -NT - (drook) - (1)
                         Re: Sounds easier than the sous vide idea, I might give that one a go first - (mvitale)

For those of you not versed in fine dining lingo, that is: Potato Bacon Cheez, fried noodle pockets, fried cheese, grease bread, cream cheese dip, chicken fingers, and fried fry.
44 ms