IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New For Ashton - The Guardian: The "hard problem" of consciousness.
The Guardian.

A good long read.

(via Wolfgang on G+)

Cheers,
Scott.
New The "hard problem" of consciousness.
that's not the problem, sentience is the problem
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New Mondo thanks!
I have Cohorts.. veritably. And now links, even across the bottom of article. With a decent editor and that many words, I reckon I could have hit the seminal-Points, in similar (excellent) succession.. almost 1/25th as well.

Even the
except among followers of eastern spiritual traditions, or in the kookier corners of the new age. This is “panpsychism”, the dizzying notion that everything in the universe might be conscious, or at least potentially conscious, or conscious when put into certain configurations.
That What-if? is not new to moi, but as a sub-set to the anthropomorphic tenor of most exchange ... its mere mention would produce catatonia in anyone for whom Science has embedded in its Faith-form, (as in hallow'ed.)

I'm no further along, at finding a means of evading the materialist bias of very-much more than our fucked-Econ and other pseudo-sciences, nor especially: in 'divine?'-ing IF our wetware ever could? (also divine) the enigma which all non-zombies extant experience every waking moment. That query is surely Meta-meta- on that Scale and Relativity blind-spot, (another one which we laborunder and which seems to evoke the visceral ad-hominems in the Debate) so self-evidently reflecting deep ƒeares-within that supposedly non-existent 'consciousness' not often awarded its capital-C by the disdainful.

Loved the colloquy 'twixt Koch and a Nobelist--wherein the backstory of Boltzmann's Atom is demonstrated still to perfuse the many acolytes of Hallow'ed-science: as actually taught and especially--if one wants remuneration to eat--too. May there not next be Old-girls' Clubs! to join our Old-boys' clubs within every job which professes-to-Know all about Stuff.

[Information theories] ..however variable in likelihood, actually of possessing full-truthiness: we call these "bodies of knowledge" or conceitedly, Knowledge. They "exist", As do what we vaguely call Consciousness/consciousness and some off-shoot (as Box reminds) called Conscience.
Do we then look for photon/lepton correlations before deciding that: these concepts "exist"? (inside? or without? the entire realm of Space/Time) hmm? Try That question on ... whomever. QM might serve as a toddler's walker for a time; guess it's all we have in the current tool-kit.

I surmise that yet another undefinable-Word transcends this already and regularly-flailing polarized debate, a word so oft noted by its absence all-around: Wisdom. You could not play in the above game (except via premeditated bafflegab) unless equipped with at least a soupçon of That. I also wot.

Carrion.. you can make that with scrambled brains, too.

Thanks again; Knew there were folks still pursuing these several/inextricably linked concepts, despite the daily argot having virtually 0 [Referents] even to begin; Language-itself being apparently on a similar scale of capabilities, but only if you are The Bard. Methinks that the Noisy-species next somehow transcends ..pretty soon or it discovers what evanesce really means. Pyrrhic victory, that last.

Maybe someday I can earn an Ignobel for my Own antithetical/heretical Theory-theorem.
Pride would have me nail the certificate to the wall, (next to the Jello) but *I* shall resist that temptation.
If you get spaghettified in a Black Hole: are you then zombified too? or remain conscious of your U.S. Citizen Exceptionalism?

A purring, contented cat in one's lap can galvanize all sorts of extra-neuronal activities, not just in the emotional-wing of the not-yet-definable (also-too) Mind-thing. ;^>
New :-)
     For Ashton - The Guardian: The "hard problem" of consciousness. - (Another Scott) - (3)
         The "hard problem" of consciousness. - (boxley)
         Mondo thanks! - (Ashton) - (1)
             :-) -NT - (Another Scott)

Where do you live? Right here.
398 ms