IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New California's looking good under Jerry Brown

California is overtaking Brazil as the world’s seventh-largest economy, bolstered by rising employment, home values and personal and corporate income, a year after the most-populous state surpassed Russia and Italy.

The Golden State, with an equivalent gross domestic product of $2.20 trillion in 2013, expanded last year by almost every measure, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Brazil’s gross domestic product, in contrast, declined 1 percent from $2.25 trillion in the first three quarters of 2014 as its export of raw materials fell.

[...]

“It’s the diversity of the California business environment, from movies to the Internet to agriculture -- the incredible array of businesses that make up the state,” Brown said yesterday in an interview at his office in Oakland, where he was mayor from 1999 to 2007. “Certainly getting our finances in line as a state is also helpful: the new investments in our schools; solid universities; investments in water and energy. All this gives security and keeps California very much in the forefront of investment, change, cultural adaptation and leadership.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2015-01-16/brown-s-california-overtakes-brazil-with-companies-leading-world.html

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New It did wll under Brown's previous stint as governor . . .
. . and under the governorship of his father. It's the Republican governors who almost wrecked the state. Particularly under Deukmejian, who refused to spend money on anything but prisons while infrastructure, education and commerce were allowed to rot. The prisons stood empty because there were no funds to run them. He was totally anti-environment, yet his Republican buddies named a park after him.
New Yep. Did a great job cleaning up after Reagan's Reign of Error in California.
I wonder how much better the world would be had he been allowed to clean up after Reagan's White House disaster instead of the Republican Lite Candidate, Clinton.
New Re: Yep. Did a great job cleaning up after Reagan's Reign of Error in California.
I voted for him in the 1992 primary. I'd vote for him if he were to run in 2016, which he will not.
New I worked for him 1978 and was on TV at his rally in Fort Wayne w/daughter in 1992.
Hands down, my favorite American Politician of all time.
New I have met a few pols, my Favorite was Governor Wally Hickel
Never met Governor Brown, seems pragmatic
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
     California's looking good under Jerry Brown - (lincoln) - (5)
         It did wll under Brown's previous stint as governor . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
             Yep. Did a great job cleaning up after Reagan's Reign of Error in California. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                 Re: Yep. Did a great job cleaning up after Reagan's Reign of Error in California. - (gcareaga) - (2)
                     I worked for him 1978 and was on TV at his rally in Fort Wayne w/daughter in 1992. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                         I have met a few pols, my Favorite was Governor Wally Hickel - (boxley)

Coffee, tea, or me?
100 ms