IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I'm with you on this one.
Years ago, my wife (probably Oprah inspired) bought Ageless Body Timeless Mind and I read some of it. It read like a lot of arm waving about an alternate reality. It's not the kind of spirituality that makes sense to me. It didn't make much of an impression on my wife either.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New I probably was damaged as a kid, reading too much...
I vaguely remember reading Velikovsky's Worlds in Collision, and several of Erich von Daniken's books as a kid. And seeing Uri Geller on various TV shows.

I eventually figured out that extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence. That if something cannot be explained (or if the explanation is not well known), that doesn't mean that a supernatural explanation is the best, or only, explanation. That amateurs in technical fields can occasionally make important findings, but they rarely turn a field on its head - especially these days. It's really hard for a no-name Joe off the street to pull the wool over the eyes of an expert who has been working in a field for decades - in that field. (Yes, brainiacs can get swindled by hucksters too, but you you know that's not what I'm talking about.)

:-)

Cheers,
Scott.
     Chopra on 'The Future of God' PBS. Where else? - (Ashton) - (13)
         He was on Interfaith Voices last week. - (Another Scott) - (12)
             It's an auto-generating conundrum, probably goes ^zoom^ - (Ashton) - (11)
                 PZ's got some raw buttons after years of debates. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                     I'm with you on this one. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                         I probably was damaged as a kid, reading too much... - (Another Scott)
                     Understood, mostly. - (Ashton) - (3)
                         Much agreement. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             Thanks for U/Oregon link.. best yet aggregation - (Ashton)
                         Agreed - we don't know a lot of things about the mind - (pwhysall)
                     concience is a funny thing hard to define - (boxley)
                 You're spending more time on Chopra than he's worth - (pwhysall) - (2)
                     Could be he's caved to affluenza. - (Ashton) - (1)
                         He's been a chiselling woo-monger for decades - (pwhysall)

Thank God it's Friday!
130 ms