IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Fail to respect != commit atrocious acts.
I'm all for letting people have big pasta parties for the FSM, but I'm *NOT* for all of us pretending to believe that a belief in the FSM is sane. Nor am I in favor of inculcating the attitude in our young that "one must respect the believers of the FSM." It's horseshit. How does society improve if we teach that respecting horseshit is a sign of an enlightened society? Let 'em do whatever they want. Just don't let them have *ANY* say in how we are governed.
New Fail to respect leads to commit atrocious acts.
lack of respect equals contempt which leads to abuse
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New You need to respect a person's right to be stupid...
where "stupid" is your assessment of their belief. It's a matter of tolerance. After all, some of your beliefs may be considered stupid by others and you want to be left alone to hold them.

You do not have to respect the stupidity itself. And certainly you do not need to accept actions based on that stupidity which affect you directly.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Exactly. Well said.
New They have no such right.
     Fresh Air: some insights on th Zealots. - (Ashton) - (34)
         Thanks for the pointer. Transcript. - (Another Scott) - (23)
             He's a very wise man. Excerpts. - (Another Scott) - (22)
                 You can read that hand-waving virtually everywhere in the West. - (mmoffitt) - (21)
                     So you clamp down on Islam. Then what? - (Another Scott) - (20)
                         The structure of Islam is a major problem. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                             I've understood similar things about Islam. But the Jihadist / Islamist problem is new. - (Another Scott)
                         I once shared your views. Not anymore. - (mmoffitt) - (17)
                             Meh. - (Another Scott) - (16)
                                 Gotcher mere Language solution, right chere. - (Ashton) - (15)
                                     I think we mostly agree. - (Another Scott) - (14)
                                         oy you! whats wrong with individual reappropriation? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                             Heh. Slippery slope and all that. (There's always someone stronger who'll take *your* stuff.) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                         Fair enough; we can agree to somewhat-agree on the pernicious Forces in play: - (Ashton)
                                         Why? - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                                             Respect is too strong a word. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                 Re: Bush and the Iraq war. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                     Meh. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                         But why did it make things worse? - (mmoffitt)
                                             a decent argument? How about hanging people for attending - (boxley) - (5)
                                                 Fail to respect != commit atrocious acts. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                     Fail to respect leads to commit atrocious acts. - (boxley)
                                                     You need to respect a person's right to be stupid... - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                                         Exactly. Well said. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                         They have no such right. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Just started reading, have to quit for now, but ... - (mmoffitt) - (8)
             so according to you the KKK represents mainstream christianity so we - (boxley) - (7)
                 Neither Christians nor Mormons are openly plotting the overthrow of our government. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                     whistling at a white woman is a good reason for a hanging? - (boxley) - (1)
                         Seriously? - (mmoffitt)
                     Um. Yeah they are. - (static) - (2)
                         Yup. -NT - (Another Scott)
                         Don't misunderstand me. - (mmoffitt)
                 You meant Aryan Nations. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Good one! Thanks, Ashton! -NT - (a6l6e6x)

But calm down, don't wet yourself over spotting one!
89 ms