IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What exists in your first 3 that doesn't in the last? A: Evidence.
New Missing my point (intentionally?)
I'm not saying there's evidence in support of their beliefs. I'm saying there's evidence that they believe it. You've stated clearly you "don't accept" that they actually believe it.

* They say they believe it.
* They take actions that can only be explained by the fact they believe it.
* They're willing to kill or die to defend it.

This isn't about their faith, it's about yours. You refuse the evidence in front of you because it doesn't fit with your worldview. You can't engage rationally with a reality you deny.
--

Drew
New If they actually believe it, they've been conned.
Protesting that they believe it and/or taking actions to suggest they believe it could be driven by fear. Religions are great at instilling fear.
New Religious education starts at age 0.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New why do you care?
did a hot blonde xian turn you down in your misspent yout?
You can believe anything you want, its fine with me as long as you stay out of my wallet and bedroom.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New Because Islam is teaching the lesser minds that if somebody draws a picture, you should kill them.
And while there is plenty-o-support for violence in the Xian bibbles, most of them don't actually act upon it.
Expand Edited by mmoffitt Jan. 13, 2015, 11:40:40 AM EST
New no, islam is not teaching that, Nut jobs are teaching that to poorly educated muslims
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New Really? Even at Oxford?
We have to make it clear that—there should be no confusion—Islamophobia is the racism, is the—but it’s only as citizens, it’s only in the critical debate, it’s only with all the forces and all the trends within our societies that are against any type of racism, that we are going to resist and reform the minds and the hearts of our fellow citizens. And it could never be accepted, never be supported, such actions that are now instrumentalizing some of the frustrations that we have in the West as to, you know, equal citizenship and racism, and using this to support what is in fact not acceptable and has to be condemned.

http://www.democracynow.org/2015/1/7/leading_muslim_scholar_tariq_ramadan_attack

Let me understand this. If I criticize Islam, I am a racist Islamophobe. And because of that, these poor, downtrodden Muslims are resorting to unacceptable means of "instrumentalizing some of the frustrations that we[they] have in the West." If we'd only be kinder to these fascists, they'd behave for us. That about it?

It cannot be "racism" to have deep hatred of Islam for the simple reason that religion != race. You can change your religion, but, ... oh, that's right, if you are a Muslim you can't, else you'll be killed. Yes, he's right. What an enlightened group of fucking people. Why wouldn't we want to sit down and discuss with them any number of topics?
New " this is just a pure betrayal of our religion and our principles, that that’s not acceptable"
New Right. Followed by, "But ..."
New "But by any, any standard, we have to condemn what was done, and say it clearly: "
New He claims to understand why they did it in my quote. He's equally culpable. Platitudes aside.
New So then, having seen the vid. of Tariq Ramadan -vs-HItchens,
and maybe Harris -vs- Craig (?)--and the number of nested conditional-clauses within every sentence, tip-toeing around the Islam predicament du jou--aren't we left with:

Teachers of Islam Fix-it, in their curriculum, in clear direct language and act to curb their own extremist killers OR !=Muslims everywhere are apt to act in the manner reliably chosen in similar clusterfucks, after all debates fail.

Of course too, Islam is not alone in the vast r e s t r a i n t of Robed-leaders in most religions, ever to expel? or otherwise punish significantly: their homicidal %small. But Techno has rendered that %small of THIS religion universally active and in increasingly bestial ways. Acts which directly attack all the basic concepts of any social order (including: attacks within and on, their own culture, of the acid in child's face level.)

On far less provocation than these-all, in recent years: n other States have gone to war with others. Now, it is not State -vs-State, but a sufficient %Islamics-vs-Every-State (as promulgated in their very-own Screed, with human-inscribed Words attributed to [The Only God evah! worth killing everyone-else Over.]
(Nor is there even an escape-clause for those sect-members who'd like to flee Islam: Death seems #1 through #100 of the top bestial punishments for quite more than apostasy. Catch 22)

W.T.F. do *you* think ... is Next?

Turned on KDFC: Dickie Wagner playing. From the Götterdammerung. Coincidence?
..depends upon one's view of Cosmic Humor, I guess. Wagner really knows how to 'play a slapstick-Act off the stage', though: swell to ƒƒƒƒ

I think I'm hearing prescient echoes for that Next.. more C. Humor? the ancient, now Corporate sects originated in the caves we are possibly loping towards.
Expand Edited by Ashton Jan. 13, 2015, 04:51:38 PM EST
     the moderate muslim - (boxley) - (58)
         Succinct and.. simply Astounding! ..while so Very-long overdue. - (Ashton) - (2)
             Re: exceptions to the first amendment - (drook) - (1)
                 Delayed incitement isn't. - (Another Scott)
         Pointing to Egypt's al-Sisi as a good guy is a stretch... - (Another Scott) - (16)
             So if Nixon told Billy Graham to tone down anti gay rhetoric, it would be a bad thing? -NT - (boxley) - (14)
                 So, if Nixon locked up all the Democratic leaders and told them to be nice... -NT - (Another Scott) - (13)
                     So if Clinton locked up all the repos leaders and told them to be nice - (boxley) - (12)
                         al-Sisi locked up his opponents then told them to play nice. HTH. -NT - (Another Scott) - (11)
                             ah so Sisi is a bad guy, people who like jews published his statement on Islam - (boxley) - (10)
                                 No. That's not my view. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                                     I will address 3, 1&2 are not part of Islam - (boxley) - (8)
                                         That's fine as far as it goes. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                             well since I invoked Godwin my last post :-) besides Obama has a nobel why not sisi? -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                                                 How do you "invoke" Godwin's Law? - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                                     "Pedant" is just a nice word grammar Nazis use to describe themselves -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                                         I see what you did there... -NT - (malraux)
                                             Think you're missing the salient point. - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                 Maybe. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                     No, I share that POV (also too..) - (Ashton)
             He doesn't get a free pass just because he said something utterly-Sane, once - (Ashton)
         Along the lines of, "Hitch was right all along". - (mmoffitt) - (34)
             OK.. gantlet sorta run.. ... weird species, overall. - (Ashton) - (30)
                 Friday's Invisibilia - The Locked-in Man - (Another Scott) - (29)
                     I think that many have had that Wondering.. - (Ashton)
                     Religion precludes treatment. - (mmoffitt) - (27)
                         Are you say Waco was handled well for what was going on? -NT - (drook) - (26)
                             Not at all. - (mmoffitt) - (25)
                                 Tell me where we draw the cult/not-a-cult line, and we'll talk. - (Another Scott) - (24)
                                     They can choose, Islam or here. - (mmoffitt) - (23)
                                         That's half of it - (drook) - (5)
                                             504c of coure, how else are you going to make money? -NT - (boxley)
                                             "Treat [them] with ridicule, hatred and contempt." - Chris Hitchens. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                 Hitch would disagree with you, I think... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                     Probably. - (mmoffitt)
                                                 Berkeley '60s: curb your Dogma.. Hey! many did (did they regress?) - (Ashton)
                                         You've been away from believers for too long. - (static) - (16)
                                             I don't believe it. I believe they're lying. - (mmoffitt) - (15)
                                                 How's that faith-based life treating you? - (drook) - (13)
                                                     What exists in your first 3 that doesn't in the last? A: Evidence. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (12)
                                                         Missing my point (intentionally?) - (drook) - (2)
                                                             If they actually believe it, they've been conned. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                 Religious education starts at age 0. -NT - (malraux)
                                                         why do you care? - (boxley) - (8)
                                                             Because Islam is teaching the lesser minds that if somebody draws a picture, you should kill them. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                                                                 no, islam is not teaching that, Nut jobs are teaching that to poorly educated muslims -NT - (boxley) - (6)
                                                                     Really? Even at Oxford? - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                                                         " this is just a pure betrayal of our religion and our principles, that that’s not acceptable" -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                                                                             Right. Followed by, "But ..." -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                                                 "But by any, any standard, we have to condemn what was done, and say it clearly: " -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                                     He claims to understand why they did it in my quote. He's equally culpable. Platitudes aside. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                                                     So then, having seen the vid. of Tariq Ramadan -vs-HItchens, - (Ashton)
                                                 What Drew said. - (static)
             Lawyers call it "leading the witness". - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 Isn't that what all religions and their adherents do? -NT - (mmoffitt)
             "What Normal Muslims Think -..." This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim... - (CRConrad)
         What Atrios said. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Yes, that too.. but as one poster replied: - (Ashton)
         Two more "moderate" Muslims. - (mmoffitt)

Truthful and transparent is great, but we don’t even have a coherent strategy to obfuscate.
172 ms