He seems aware of the myriad of serial/parallel dependencies upon a successful complete System, but also targets not merely the affluent but.. probably those already afflicted with severe Affluenza. Maybe there are enough of those in Asia for proof of concept?

Maybe too, he can be cajoled into lowering his fancy-encoded DRM: the battery packs themselves might best be both vetted and promoted, simultaneously as Universal power packs: maybe via inverters and such, capable of everything from dumping a charge into an auto battery or running lots of LED lights in home power failures: the more the merrier of such side-games? Still and all, it seems to spawn a statistical nightmare re #-charging-spots VS est. usage initially.. then long-term: all needing constant monitoring and the cross-shipping of batteries ... of various charge-cycle ages.

Cost of the scooter: that has to be a major determinant of success. At least, there should be quite less maintenance than any petrol-powered machine, but if it costs nearly as much as the smallest e- econo-boxes already ascheming.. I mean: prices of modern Vespas eclipse new cost of my Kawa KZ-550 4 cyl. That trend makes something of a ROI-farce of the going-Green brigade (much as VW's price for the Good-diesel made that also a luxury purchase.) Am a bit leery of such tiny wheels, given potholes in (at least Murican cities) as will likely increase, as with all the other deferred maintenance.

Betting he's gonna have mostly 12-hour days, for the duration, but if he can stand that schedule.. it's pretty neat looking. I'd still want an at-home charger to be an option--especially if the battery pack does become multi-purpose. Tall oaks from little acorns grow.

(I drove my Lambretta to L.A. and back; at that time it was as miraculous a (both practical and sleek) device as this might be. Still and all: the Matchless 500 twin that replaced it, demonstrated that scooters are unforgiving; handle not nearly so well as regular cycle configuration: there will be neophyte casualties. And maybe a few Darwin awards.)