IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Do I not see a n-MTon nuke with 8 of its 9 Safeties hors de combat?
Everyone 'here' fully groks to fullness the precariousness of, simply uncountable 'processes' in industries whose CIEIOs have a tendentious.. relationship to "what I.T. does", especially re. all the Hows? Bean counters, probably livid at the thought of supporting Two entirely unconnected systems--and equally ignorant of the manifold subtleties of what fully-[]- Separate means--would be the nemeses of the careful-enough architect of such a proposal, for all obvious pecuniary considerations in every corner-office. Is that even arguable?

Can 'one' [ever??] legislate some Musts? (given the odd little side-effect of maybe the Next ad hoc event? sorta leading to the chaotic demise of Westrun-civilization (or at least of: that Holy 'Progress' thing: which is worshipped quite more lavishly than any home-religion is, in any Rich country.))

ie. Have digested, appetizingly-enough: Command and Control (Eric Schlosser 2013), a tour de force of US nukes, sub-titled Nuclear weapons, the Damascus accident and the Illusion of Safety. He makes The Case with 116 pp of Notes/Refs. And That! is about mondo-'security' procedures, weighed in metric tons of paperwork, training etc.

I merely presume that: no Industrial profit-driven Corp. ever ever comes within an order/magnitude minitude? of either the Aim or the execution of that Plan.
Review tl;dr: In sum: The US was simply.. lucky-Lucky-LUCKY! across the many examples described, from Day1 until quite recently (nor can that System be certified as idiot-proof now.. or perhaps ever?)

Who wrote, The more we learn the darker it gets? Found only this re. torture. Mebbe so, on NPR.

As with AGW, Over-population [that which cannot even be discussed] and similar: this Elephant appears to get--even today--mostly lip-service and 'suggestions' that the devoutly-greedy "might deem to Make Happen." SUGGESTIONS? for a mondo-vulture-Capitalist to ... well. you. know. It's dirt snakes. Again and still.

So many bitchin epitaphs for the clueless-species; so little time.. (even to sort-them-before-burning.)
New For this particular incident
The US was not lucky, it likely laid the groundwork and unleashed the beast. The Stuxnet worm was a US/Isreali attack specifically targeting the Iranian enrichment centrifuges. But the thing spread beyond Iran and anyone with the knowledge to dissect a copy got the roadmap to attack Siemens controllers.
     Krebs on the Sony hack and others. - (Another Scott) - (5)
         Shades of spy thrillers - (drook)
         From the "other" category - (scoenye) - (2)
             Do I not see a n-MTon nuke with 8 of its 9 Safeties hors de combat? - (Ashton) - (1)
                 For this particular incident - (scoenye)
         NY Times: NSA had cracked NK networks years ago. - (Another Scott)

They both savoured the strange warm glow of being much more ignorant than ordinary people, who were only ignorant of ordinary things.
106 ms