IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Baby formula is the exact right comparison
>>> "..., for reasons we're still not entirely sure of."

Some folks think it's because colostrum (breast milk) contains 'transfer factors', and is one method of building up the newborn's immune system.

From the article:

"They carry with them the parent lymphocyte's delayed-type hypersensitivity and cell-mediated immunity and pass it along to non-immune recipients,..."

http://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/herb/transfer-factor

New Colostrum, indeed.
Was one of the nostrums I employed re. a couple sick animals, and another example of what working-remedies go ^Zoooom^ over the brain pans of AMA-styled Vets, for the most part. Still, in 2014.

(Of course too, while I may have seen some signs of its efficacy..? your 'data' (and that of lots of others who write reports) counts not a whit, when one's std. ref. is words from Big Pharma.)

I note that 'transfer factor' derivatives, in *capsule form, are out there. But the usual untraceability of their ingredients (for the interested and careful) means: you are your own lab, and unless you deal with n- patients, it's still a crap shoot. But that's the way capitalism works (and depends on. :-(

* I used liquid, as extracted; costs more/less dependent upon 'processors' of whatever expertise.

Thanks for good reminder; sometimes all the 'methods' just runtogether as we amateurs try to compensate for universal obtuseness amidst the "Pros". Knowing they are deficient never makes a one automatically superior (either!)
     'This Changes Everything' ... Naomi Kline on Capitalism -vs- Climate - (Ashton) - (17)
         Nit - (drook) - (2)
             Well, it ain't exactly "safe" for normal values of "safe" either. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 Same with people who try to avoid eating fat - (drook)
         re meat: I wonder if in vitro meat will be a game changer. - (Another Scott) - (11)
             Baby formula is the exact right comparison - (drook) - (8)
                 Indeed. -NT - (Another Scott)
                 Re: Baby formula is the exact right comparison - (dmcarls) - (1)
                     Colostrum, indeed. - (Ashton)
                 Re: for reasons we're still not entirely sure of - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                     Product idea - (drook) - (3)
                         Yuppies would buy that for sure. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                             Well they're the ones with the money, ain't they? -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                 That's a bingo! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
             meh, I pay extra for buffalo steak -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 Me, too! - (mmoffitt)
         Re: 'This Changes Everything' ... Naomi Kline on Capitalism -vs- Climate - (dmcarls) - (1)
             Ahh.. thanks. Yup, officially: correct choice. Meat is untrustworthy. Aaauuummmmmm. . . -NT - (Ashton)

It looks like someone sewed pieces of a waterlogged Reagan mask together at gunpoint.
87 ms