IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Let's start a Kickstarter
Yeah, I was a bio med engineer at Case. Wired up quadriplegics for direct neural stimulation for my graduation project. I worked at the Cleveland Clinic doing LVAD controllers. Earlier, I did several years in the OR as a tech (scrub nurse), and then set up and ran an electrophysioligy lab for ophthalmology for a year and a half.
That said, it is hard to imagine how difficult it is to get a new device certified for use even if it is not invasive. New is generally resisted by big money unless they own it. It might be possible in a civilized country, but here? In Cleveland, the Cleveland Clinic and University Hospitals have a virtual monopoly on this kind of thing. And they have the bucks to insure that nobody goes up against them.
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New Right, Cuba would be (potentially) a better market
--

Drew
     one more good thing to come from the change in attitude to cuba - (boxley) - (9)
         All true. But unfair. - (Ashton) - (8)
             Re: Hire Cuba to reform the albatross? - (a6l6e6x) - (7)
                 Docs are just as good in Cuba but equipment is not state of the art (yet) - (boxley) - (6)
                     Why haven't the Europeans done something like that already? - (Another Scott) - (5)
                         medical costs are lower in europe and travel costs higher - (boxley) - (4)
                             Let's start a Kickstarter - (drook) - (3)
                                 Been done? - (Another Scott)
                                 Re: Let's start a Kickstarter - (hnick) - (1)
                                     Right, Cuba would be (potentially) a better market -NT - (drook)

It's like there's nothing you can do about that joke. It's coming and you just have to stand there.
59 ms