IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yup.
I've got sympathy for both sides. I'm sure there's too much "woo" in the CLD camp, but I'm also sure that too many on the "no such thing as CLD" camp brush it off as "everyone over 30 has aches and pains and malaise" or "it's psychosomatic, especially in women". It sure seems like there's too much certainty in the "no such thing as CLD"/"it's unscientific to treat CLD with antibiotics" camp. Very few people actually want to go through the hassle of visiting doctors, complaining, etc., just to get attention. Especially US doctors... :-/

When professional prestige is on the line, opinions too often harden. And they too often have strong opinions outside their area of expertise. I still recall one of Joe's doctors arguing with me when Joe was having one of his medical crises. (Roughly) "Just look at him - at 85 he's lucky to be alive!" We ended up arguing over actuarial tables - life expectancy at 85 is about 6 years, while he kept talking as if he would naturally keel over any minute because life expectancy at birth was around 53 when he was born... :-/

Here's hoping a clearer answer to the question of how to treat people with CLD symptoms appears sooner rather than later. There are too many people suffering at least in part because it's not taken seriously.

Cheers,
Scott.
New thats why we the patients are responsible to learn about the disease
An average Doc bases his treatment/diagnosis on their education and vast experience as well as their hunches. If they have seen it before, looked at it deeply their options are good. If it is new to them, they don't have time to deep dive something new, they study briefly the consensus then treat from there.

If one is capable of deep diving a subject then do so and educate the doc with a brief sample of your conclusions with links for them to follow up. Most Doc's appreciate patient awareness as long as there is no woo involved.

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
     Dean Baker: Chronic Lyme Disease and the TTP. - (Another Scott) - (8)
         same fuggwits who denied that ulcers were bacterial in nature -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             Some of them are - (malraux)
         This is not a simple problem - (drook)
         1st-degree hearsay corroborates his wife's travails - (Ashton)
         More. - (Another Scott) - (3)
             Wow.. CLD has become a tar-baby; everything from the psychosomatic tag to - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Yup. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     thats why we the patients are responsible to learn about the disease - (boxley)

Can you stand the excitement?
75 ms