IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Just installed the 5.0.1 OTA update.
It seemed to take a long time after downloading (5+ minutes?), but it seems Ok. A bunch of other stuff is downloading now too...

I'll post more if I have any issues tonight.

Cheers,
Scott.
New I just did that as well.
And I need to post a correction. My battery wasn't actually dying. It just appeared so. If I leave the phone unused, but still turned on overnight, sometimes in the morning the device doesn't come on when I tap the power button. If I hold the power button on for about 30 seconds I observe one of two behaviors after that interval:

(1) If I have the phone plugged into a charger, the indicator light comes on solid red. I lift up on the power button when it does that and the solid red blinks a few times. Then the battery charge symbol appears (like it does normally when turned off and plugged into a charger). It is almost fully charged when this happens, typically around 75%. I can then either leave it charging or hold the power button long enough to boot it up and all is well.

(2) If it is not plugged into a charger, the indicator light begins to flash white and then the device boots up properly, again, with about a 75% charge.

I'm going to have to RTFM, but it looks like inactivity is causing the device to go into something that looks like a "deep sleep" state.
New Oh, they're trying that again?
I had a few adventures with my tablet through the Android 3.x series where it would go into "deep sleep" if left overnight. There were three OS updates almost once a month from Asus until they made that "feature" Go Away.

I'm speculating wildly but it sounds like someone in Google-land loves "deep sleep" in Android and how it improves battery life, thus why it's back. Unfortuately they don't understand why the great unwashed don't Get It. Such a person likely has atypical Android usage and hasn't had that fact hammered into their head yet.

Wade.
     Nexus 4 post upgrade question. - (mmoffitt) - (17)
         The battery life on mine seems much improved. - (Another Scott) - (2)
             Thanks. Did you turn on the battery saver mode? - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 Not intentionally. - (Another Scott)
         Device Assist? - (Another Scott) - (8)
             Interesting. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                 A wall charger will charge it faster than USB. - (static) - (6)
                     Some PCs, too. - (pwhysall)
                     Understood. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                         Won't make any difference - (pwhysall) - (3)
                             Yup, something's wonky. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                 Just unplugged it 5 minutes ago. 98% 7 hrs left. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                     Dunno. - (Another Scott)
         Thanks all. That's weird. My phone is back to normal. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             Woot! I'm glad it's done being cranky. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Just installed the 5.0.1 OTA update. - (Another Scott) - (2)
             I just did that as well. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 Oh, they're trying that again? - (static)

This is the reference implementation of the self-referential joke.
128 ms