IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Alex, meet Felix.
Felix, Alex. I'm sure you two will have a lot to talk about down at the Lubyanka.

in solidarity,
New Definition of leadership
I had to come back to the book because it is required for the workshop I am taking. Here is today's inspirational quote:

"exercising leadership might be understood as disappointing people at a rate they can tolerate."

/facepalm
New Perhaps 'stability' too, has been redefined in the Newspeak/biz-edition?
Sadly, I've missed out on the marvelous new angles on keeping order in the workplace: is this an updated version of Who Moved My Cheese? (No I didn't read it; a synopsis was scary enough.) Guess that I have to find a Corporate-speak Transliteration course on-line somewhere, if I am to comprehend the exciting changes now being engineered.
(Perhaps even, I can discover: who Listens to all those recordings? offered for our comfort and convenience, whenever a one calls one of these establishments.) The archives must be enormous!
I'm missing so much of the new Progress.

The authors then, would approve Citizens United and that other redefinition (in the /USSC Edition) whereby a Corporate entity has magically developed lungs, a central-brain and, presumably a soul too, in its new personhood.

As to Pinochet's organizational chops, I doubt that in the early days he had the Techno to remotely dial-in the voltage settings on the tazers distributed to his enforcers. (Now the dis-US, in the wake of the current black-deaths universally being noticed, surely The Fuzz will modernize with Bluetooth? and assure all that they "have a handle on" their enforcers. We have lots of Techno here. Just watch.)

The authors here seem fond of that "too much order" idea; wondering if that is a pillar in their management-change recipe, and if completion of the reprogramming will require that the Newspeak-edition of the OED must replace current phrase-checkers.

Luck, for the foreseeable. What a Course; horses of course.
New Re: Definition of leadership is hire the right people
make sure the coffee is hot, donuts fresh and stay out of the fuckin way
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New Amen to that!
Also, to ask "What else do you need to pull this off!" And get whatever is needed. Sometimes, it is to remove bureaucratic impediments.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New ayup, I like the quebec method of managemrnt
manager wears a blue blazer, comes in a 10am reads the paper. Takes a 1.5 hour boozy lunch. Heads home at 4pm. Assistant manager works 70 hours a week, on call 24x7 and makes the whole thing run smoothly. He knows if he hustles he gets the blue blazer when the manager retires.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New Yeah, well, maybe there is something to that?
Just a recollection from a book on child-rearing -- one of the two or three books I've read in Finnish, by some Finnish guy you've never heard of -- on how growing up from toddler to even reasonably reasonable individual (i.e, the average eight-, ten- or twelve-year-old) was precisely learning to deal with disappointment. Related to deferred satisfaction and all that, if that sounds more familiar.

So if growing up is about dealing with disappointment, then leadership might perhaps actually be about the "correct" amount of such to demand your followers to take...?

Doesn't seem to be worth dismissing totally out of hand, IMO.
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
     Augusto Pinochet: controversial change agent - (gcareaga) - (10)
         Wow. -NT - (Another Scott) - (9)
             Use of Pinochet is rather telling, isn't it? - (rcareaga) - (8)
                 And incredibly you made no reference to Stalin! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (7)
                     Alex, meet Felix. - (rcareaga) - (6)
                         Definition of leadership - (gcareaga) - (5)
                             Perhaps 'stability' too, has been redefined in the Newspeak/biz-edition? - (Ashton)
                             Re: Definition of leadership is hire the right people - (boxley) - (2)
                                 Amen to that! - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                     ayup, I like the quebec method of managemrnt - (boxley)
                             Yeah, well, maybe there is something to that? - (CRConrad)

Thank you for making a simple LRPD very happy.
47 ms