So yer gonna get an edjakayshun, so as to better grok how to cya, find out how things really work (and how to do your own ROI, say--as regards filthy-lucre?)

But.. but.. ya Need that lore before ya sign-up with some of the most usurious bastards since Caligula (whose dice games could have but one winner.)
Methinks that 2014 and hence (given all the discussion now re that ROI-thing) shall see the forcing of some wholesale *Revisions of academe in its many emerging forms
along with ditto re all concepts of medical care--the real utility of Insurance cartles, if Any?--and several other hoary institutions which our parents never ever evaluated:
for themselves or for us.

* Starting with: Kill Sports as.. your main focus/cash cow, with a side gig of hiring a few star-Profs while making mostly grad students teach, for chicken-shit pay.

Everything's a wissenschafft now; er 'knowledge factory', a boffo term I called, *mine!*, on first hearing..
(But I flat-missed the necessity of following that to its reasonable conclusion; didn't know shit about Scale!)