IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Late to the wake
My own wolflike dog, adopted in late adolescence, is now in vigorous middle age, and each afternoon as I return home from BDS (at this time of year practically dark), I feel too exhausted and demoralized to stir from the premises, but Ravi drills me with his guilt-gaze and I think: in ten years you would give anything to have his companionship at the corner park again, and we go to the corner and toss the squeaky-ball back and forth.

If I knew for certain that Ravi could be reliably cloned for $25K, I would finance this from a Home Equity Line of Credit in a second.

cordially,
New Sharing this vantage has illustrated to me comments of the sages,
("reading them in their words") to the effect: when, frequently asked about Love, so many have responded in this vein: ~~ "Begin with a pet, before you imagine that you can comprehend what it might mean elsewhere."

While that's the short-form of some dissertations, my experience verifies something about that, while also illuminating that other difficult word, wisdom (thus why they are called Sages.) Those who can/do chain a former family-member to an outdoor 'house' through the winter, never had a 'pet', just a somewhat temporarily-amusing possession. I was gratified to hear of one beneficent consequence of the New Orleans flooding: the plight of those Forced! to leave behind their significant-Others, in order to be evacuated.. finally it was recognized what that meant.

Henceforth, even in the dis-USA, one's companion Shall Be accommodated (don't know how universally has that been recognized ... yet.) But hearing of this change did evoke just a a few moments of fondly imagining pre-Murican times.. There's always that price, though: we outlive them. I don't even try to parse that.
     RIP Ivan, A Wolf for all Seasons - (Ashton) - (10)
         Condolences, Ashton. :-( -NT - (Another Scott)
         Genuinely sorry to hear that, Ashton. My condolences as well. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Re: RIP Ivan, A Wolf for all Seasons - (boxley)
         Condolences! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Sorry to hear that. -NT - (pwhysall)
         Commiserations! -NT - (CRConrad)
         Thanks all. Good omen today.. - (Ashton) - (1)
             ah no, good wolfers know their prey - (boxley)
         Late to the wake - (rcareaga) - (1)
             Sharing this vantage has illustrated to me comments of the sages, - (Ashton)

Running on an Atari 800 with two extra 16KB memory banks.
69 ms