IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New 7 big U.S. companies paid CEOs more than they paid Uncle Sam

Seven of the 30 largest U.S. corporations paid more money to their chief executive officers last year than they paid in U.S. federal income taxes, according to a study released on Tuesday that was disputed by at least one of the companies.

Amid talk in Washington about corporate tax reform, the study said the seven companies, which in 2013 reported more than $74 billion in combined U.S. pre-tax profits, came out ahead on their taxes, gaining $1.9 billion more than they owed.

At the same time, the CEOs at each of the seven companies last year was paid an average of $17.3 million, said the study, compiled by two Washington think tanks.

The seven companies cited were Boeing Co , Ford Motor Co , Chevron Corp , Citigroup Inc , Verizon Communications Inc , JPMorgan Chase & Co and General Motors Co .

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/sns-rt-us-usa-tax-ceopay-20141117-story.html

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New s/pretax profits/gross sales/g at least attempt to be accurate
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New It was the companies that obfuscated
numbers in the story to, obviously, deflect from the fact that they paid their CEOs more than they paid in taxes to Uncle Sam.

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
     7 big U.S. companies paid CEOs more than they paid Uncle Sam - (lincoln) - (2)
         s/pretax profits/gross sales/g at least attempt to be accurate -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             It was the companies that obfuscated - (lincoln)

Give it up for the beast with the plan... the one, the only... B-B-B-B-BOOGIE MAN!!
56 ms