IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Er...
I have Netflix. I pay my cable company for the bandwidth already, but now they want to double dip.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New sort of, what regulation will end up doing
pay by the byte on the consumer side. 5% of ISP customers consume most of the bandwidth. So we are all subsidizing heavy users. If the ISPs end up metering bits like a regulated electric company you will have the fee structure
just to have a connection $30.00 used or not.
Taxes $4.85
Tab for people who don't have a connection yet $1.25
every GB above 300 MGB $30.00
And the damn politicians will go allright then, that is fair.
We all get hosed and the providers will make serious bank.
So the next outcry will be open the lines!
So billyjoebobISP.com wants to pay minimum dollar for the right to sell last mile access. Providers will say fuck upgrading or keeping the lights on.
Services will degrade, our costs will go up and someone will say, we need some regulations to fix this.
Rinse and repeat, race to the bottom
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New Compare us to the rest of the developed world ... we're already *at* the bottom
--

Drew
     A net neutrality screed.. - (Ashton) - (43)
         Meh. Wheeler's counterpoint. - (Another Scott) - (8)
             Thanks; reasonable/al punte.. {sigh} ... relief-grade. - (Ashton)
             Comcast and "commercially unreasonable" - (scoenye) - (6)
                 Devil's in the details. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                     I do realize they got their legs cut out from under them - (scoenye)
                     Is this the spot for my Constitutional Convention screed? - (Ashton) - (3)
                         Sure, let's see it. :-) - (Another Scott) - (2)
                             'When the Gen Xers pass 50, they're going to start attending - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 We can see the trends, but nobody knows the future. - (Another Scott)
         Obama's video today... - (Another Scott) - (24)
             since voice is switching to voip vs copper - (boxley) - (22)
                 RareSanity has the answer. - (Another Scott) - (21)
                     if google pays to have peered servers inside the isp datacenter - (boxley) - (18)
                         Maybe because it's not the same? - (Another Scott) - (17)
                             so the post office should deliver amazon products free to the end users? - (boxley) - (16)
                                 Eh? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     didn't mean you, meant the justice department back in the day -NT - (boxley)
                                 Re: that content from Comcast be segregated into a different business entity than the ISP. - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                                     cable rides the same packets as the intarweb - (boxley) - (12)
                                         Hmmmm. - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                                             It might vary with the cable company. - (Another Scott)
                                             if I and the wife were not sports junkies I would cut the cable - (boxley) - (1)
                                                 Understood. - (mmoffitt)
                                             You must not have Comcast then - (scoenye) - (3)
                                                 I do at the other shop. - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     Ah, that racket - (scoenye)
                                                 MediaCom always line item broadband for us. - (mmoffitt)
                                             "Digital Is Better". - (static) - (3)
                                                 Sometimes? - (drook) - (2)
                                                     I meant more broadly. - (static) - (1)
                                                         Except in cases like mine. Where it means fewer channels. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                     While BHO's brief clip makes him a current White-hat.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                         Agree. See, Scott, I can give the Devil his due. - (mmoffitt)
             Bring on the clowns! - (pwhysall)
         Interesting view from a non-techie - (drook) - (8)
             how about con ed refusing to deliver your maytag for free? - (boxley) - (7)
                 False equivalency. -NT - (malraux) - (6)
                     make it a GE appliance then they sell electricity but not to you -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                         Umm ... that's what he said -NT - (drook) - (4)
                             netscape is a purchase that wants free delivery -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                                 Er... - (malraux) - (2)
                                     sort of, what regulation will end up doing - (boxley) - (1)
                                         Compare us to the rest of the developed world ... we're already *at* the bottom -NT - (drook)

I'm into you like an undersized thong.
136 ms