IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New mr moffet
hockey streams, how is the picture quality? Do you watch on your pc? how is it better than nhl game center live?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New Mr. Box
I first heard about hockey streams from you on this very board when I was a gamecenter subscriber. I watch mainly via Roku 3 devices. Picture is excellent, auto-records (I usually start watching a 7:30 game around 8:00 so I can FF through commercials and intermissions). During playoffs, I watch via a pad, phone and roku simultaneously (different games, of course). Playoffs are not viewable via gamecenter. There've been times when the stream failed (only once this year, it was down for about 3 hours), but they got right on it and gave a credit to everyone.

Hockey Streams is so much better it's really not fair to compare it to gamecenter.
First, I get every game (no blackouts), including playoffs (Stanley, Calder, Memorial) typically multiple feeds for NHL (last night for Bruins/Habs there were three broadcasts to choose from: US, Montreal English, Montreal French). If the NBC contract dictates they're only allowed to broadcast I get the NBC feed. I get all AHL games, all NHL games, all OHL games, all QMJHL games, any Olympic games that come up plus one year's archives of each league, draft and some other foo. All of that for less than half of what Bettman gets for regular season only NHL. I do watch on my Linux PC from time to time and the picture is just fine there as well.

My advice would be to try it for a day or a week ($8 or $12 bucks) to see if it will work for you. It is *highly* dependent upon your broadband. If you can't get at least 5 Meg, you might run into buffering or lower image quality.

Oh, yeah, the last thing. Streams has this thing called "account freeze". So, I have an annual subscription that I "freeze" whenever my teams are out of the playoffs. What that does is stop the countdown of days before I have to renew. My "annual" subscription then lasts about a season and a half. Gamecenter doesn't do that either. ;0)

Edit:
One more: Streams you get games on the NHL Network - also not so with gamecenter.
Crap, one more: as mentioned you get the NBC, CNBC, MSNBC, etc. games - also not so with gamecenter.
Expand Edited by mmoffitt Nov. 14, 2014, 12:12:41 PM EST
Expand Edited by mmoffitt Nov. 14, 2014, 12:15:39 PM EST
New I tried it one day, but that was eons ago
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New I had it way back, too.
I dropped it because my Internet pipe was unreliable. They've upgraded at least twice in the last 5 years. They also created a new site called ballstreams (NBA games) but I don't watch those.
     mr moffet - (boxley) - (3)
         Mr. Box - (mmoffitt) - (2)
             I tried it one day, but that was eons ago -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 I had it way back, too. - (mmoffitt)

Remember... save the wax!
42 ms