IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You must not have Comcast then
http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Billing/Internet-service-only-62-95-a-month-I-m-not-paying-that-Bye-Bye/td-p/1335081

From the 1st reply:
The 48.95 price for Performance is the "With Cable" price.
The 62.95 price for Performance is the "Without Cable" price.

They'll clean you out one way or another and this is actually an improvement: when they borged our local cableco around ~2006, Comcast's take was that if you did not want cable, then you obviously had no need for high speed internet either and all you got was 1.5Mb/s (instead of the 6 we had before), for 150% of the old price.
New I do at the other shop.
Business basic, highspeed intarweb and phone cheap (or relatively cheap)
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New Ah, that racket
I babysit 7 of those lines. The modems they originally delivered ("improved experience" SMC 8014's) had the wonderful habit of locking out frequently used sites after a few days. The fix was to switch the modems to bridge mode and put a real router and DHCP server behind them. But the only way to accomplish that is ... pay Comcast $15/month extra for a a static IP.
New MediaCom always line item broadband for us.
We've had them for years (only game in town). The *sucked* big time for a lot of years, I'd often get d/l speeds of 0.25 for my "up to 12 Meg" subscription. Happily that all changed over a year ago. But the bill was always 42.95/month (5.00 off each month because I used my own modem) and it still is *but* instead of unlimited, I pay 10.00 extra for each 50G above 250G I use in a month. The basic TV rate that we killed was around 60.00 a month.
     A net neutrality screed.. - (Ashton) - (43)
         Meh. Wheeler's counterpoint. - (Another Scott) - (8)
             Thanks; reasonable/al punte.. {sigh} ... relief-grade. - (Ashton)
             Comcast and "commercially unreasonable" - (scoenye) - (6)
                 Devil's in the details. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                     I do realize they got their legs cut out from under them - (scoenye)
                     Is this the spot for my Constitutional Convention screed? - (Ashton) - (3)
                         Sure, let's see it. :-) - (Another Scott) - (2)
                             'When the Gen Xers pass 50, they're going to start attending - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 We can see the trends, but nobody knows the future. - (Another Scott)
         Obama's video today... - (Another Scott) - (24)
             since voice is switching to voip vs copper - (boxley) - (22)
                 RareSanity has the answer. - (Another Scott) - (21)
                     if google pays to have peered servers inside the isp datacenter - (boxley) - (18)
                         Maybe because it's not the same? - (Another Scott) - (17)
                             so the post office should deliver amazon products free to the end users? - (boxley) - (16)
                                 Eh? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     didn't mean you, meant the justice department back in the day -NT - (boxley)
                                 Re: that content from Comcast be segregated into a different business entity than the ISP. - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                                     cable rides the same packets as the intarweb - (boxley) - (12)
                                         Hmmmm. - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                                             It might vary with the cable company. - (Another Scott)
                                             if I and the wife were not sports junkies I would cut the cable - (boxley) - (1)
                                                 Understood. - (mmoffitt)
                                             You must not have Comcast then - (scoenye) - (3)
                                                 I do at the other shop. - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     Ah, that racket - (scoenye)
                                                 MediaCom always line item broadband for us. - (mmoffitt)
                                             "Digital Is Better". - (static) - (3)
                                                 Sometimes? - (drook) - (2)
                                                     I meant more broadly. - (static) - (1)
                                                         Except in cases like mine. Where it means fewer channels. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                     While BHO's brief clip makes him a current White-hat.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                         Agree. See, Scott, I can give the Devil his due. - (mmoffitt)
             Bring on the clowns! - (pwhysall)
         Interesting view from a non-techie - (drook) - (8)
             how about con ed refusing to deliver your maytag for free? - (boxley) - (7)
                 False equivalency. -NT - (malraux) - (6)
                     make it a GE appliance then they sell electricity but not to you -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                         Umm ... that's what he said -NT - (drook) - (4)
                             netscape is a purchase that wants free delivery -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                                 Er... - (malraux) - (2)
                                     sort of, what regulation will end up doing - (boxley) - (1)
                                         Compare us to the rest of the developed world ... we're already *at* the bottom -NT - (drook)

Today’s program has been sponsored by the physical act of gulping. For thousands of years, gulping has been there for human beings when they needed an expressive gesture of the throat. Whether you want to indicate nervousness about an upcoming test or appointment, fear of the Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives in Your Home, or you just want to ingest milk faster than with regular swallowing, gulping is the way to go! Forget sweating, never mind shivering! Sneezing? Ugh! When you think physical actions, think gulping! Gulp now and receive a complimentary prize package, which will be conveniently buried in an unmarked spot somewhere in the Scrublands. Find it, and it’s yours!
173 ms