IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New PBS 'Ultimate Restorations' ... a Series.
Tonight's was about #103, the most famous steam locomotive evah: Star of n Oaters and in decrepit condition.
A paean for all {Big-} gearheads: how to rebuild same, make it shine like a caucasian's heel, with a little help from LN (liquid nitrogen) ... a machine crafted, assembled by hand ... as needed the same set of skills, at every step.

Seeing it chuff .... ... ... chuff ... emerging from workshop, hearing aside from engineer a few minutes later at speed, "everything. is. working. perfectly." is quite a bit more thrilling than building your Heathkit, step-by-illustrated-step (or kit-car?) and sayin, It Works! I wot.

It's good for another Century.. if such skilled people also arise to maintain it: within our techno-does-it-all dumbed-down caste/indentured-servitude System, (designed by Corporate at their various hideaway Party venues? as seems obvious by inspection and by current results.)

They do boats and airplanes and maybe another locomotive, next..

Bon appetít.

Damn, had we a Tardis, could have time-lapse flics of a Vincent bein assembled from n parts, 2 tickles of rear carb float bowl and ... Vroooomm ... in 1 1/2 kicks. But we don't.
New Speaking of kickstarting ...
My father used to race hillclimbs on a HD Sportster. Stripped of everything, frame drilled for lightness, etc. But still a hard-tail Sportster. Big ol' V-twin with 9.5-1 compression and kickstart.

Every now and then it would backfire and throw him over the handlebars. Once it tore the heel off his boot and caught him behind the knee and he limped for a month.

Good times.
--

Drew
New in the same vein
http://www.history.com/shows/american-restoration/videos?mkwid=sq36b1Uvu|c_pcrid_38363902638_pkw_american%20restoration_pmt_e&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=american%20restoration&utm_campaign=G_American+Restoration&paidlink=1&cmpid=PaidSearch_google_G_American+Restoration_american%20restoration&gclid=CNCEmrCu5sECFesF7AodDAIAOw very good
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
     PBS 'Ultimate Restorations' ... a Series. - (Ashton) - (2)
         Speaking of kickstarting ... - (drook)
         in the same vein - (boxley)

Anomaly detected; No previous known cases.
64 ms