IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Concur, but, ...
What percentage of sandwich makers would understand that if they went to work somewhere in violation and were served a summons? The threat of that is probably enough to make the workers abide by the illegal contract. That's the part that makes me sick. Asshole owners of companies write these things as broadly as they can and basically challenge an ex-employee to hire counsel to have the thing thrown out, gambling that most (if not all) will fear a court battle and the money for representation enough to abide by them.
New Right... as I said, most people will abide by them.
And yes, it's a travesty. I can afford legal counsel, and I'm schooled well enough already that I can argue my own case most times without counsel. Some 18yo at a Jimmy John's isn't going to know better.

Unrelated but similar case in point: my son had his license taken away at a convenience store yesterday by a manager who couldn't be bothered to see that my son had just let his hair grow out. My son didn't think to show him his student ID or other proof that it was actually his license, and left because the asshole was being belligerent. Young people just don't have the experience to understand when they're being taken advantage of.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New And that's why you need guns!
Right?
New No, that's not why we need guns. That's why we need nukes.
New Hmmm...
If, as I suspect, you are expressing a desire to nuke Dizzy City, I believe you're a bit over the top. I could be wrong...
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New Hmmm... Perhaps,..., but not certainly. ;0)
     Jimmy John's has a non-compete clause - (lincoln) - (8)
         Non-compete clauses are about the MOST Un-American thing in the world. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         That sort of clause is over broad by far - (malraux) - (6)
             Concur, but, ... - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                 Right... as I said, most people will abide by them. - (malraux) - (4)
                     And that's why you need guns! - (pwhysall) - (3)
                         No, that's not why we need guns. That's why we need nukes. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                             Hmmm... - (hnick) - (1)
                                 Hmmm... Perhaps,..., but not certainly. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)

A.A.P.B. certified.
107 ms