IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New completely out of ideas for rpm failures
rpm -qa gets lots of
error: rpmdbNextIterator: skipping h# 238 Header V3 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID fd431d51: BAD
strace doesnt help
tried
mv /var/lib/rpm/Packages /var/lib/rpm/Packages.orig
dumped Packages.orig and passed back into Packages. Packages file verifies
rpm -qa same issue
rm Pubkey *db.00*
rebuilddb
no joy same error

any ideas?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
Expand Edited by boxley Oct. 7, 2014, 01:18:46 PM EDT
New It's fucked
Restore the RPM database from backup.
New went back 6 months same issue
thinking gpg-key may be an issue
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New Burn it in the car park then.
"Think we need a new server, boss"
New Have the PFY handle it
--

Drew
New not driving back to North Dakota
New Pee. Eff. Why.
JTFC, are you new here or something?
New its north dakota all the pfy's are hiding behind the trees
New filed under ygbfkm
ya gotta be fucking kidding me
no one made any changes, yeah right
should have went with my first instinks

focused on gpg
ldd /usr/bin/gpg
stare and compare with a working centos full release behind, but hey thats what I got
all copacetic
ls -l /bin/rpm rhel6 and centos5
what the fek centos rpm is 7 months newer than the rhel6 rpm
okies, ldd /bin/rpm on rhel
hmm, a linked shared library is linked with a 3rd party library that doesnt issue native rhel rpms for redhat.
Okay, someone installed a client that fecked with rpm
tomorrow will manually unpack the rhel rpm package and install the files manually. should fix it.
should have went there first grrr
New Glad you got it figured out!
New Hope you find the culprit!
New Who messes with the package management system?
Rule of thumb: Unless the purpose of your project is to modify the packaging system, if you think you can solve your current problem by modifying the packaging system, you are wrong.
--

Drew
New Someone who needs a punch in the face, that's who
New some of the larger tool makers that do automated rollouts and updates
across data centers do that. Stupid but they do it.
New See my previous reply
New :-)
     completely out of ideas for rpm failures - (boxley) - (15)
         It's fucked - (pwhysall) - (6)
             went back 6 months same issue - (boxley) - (5)
                 Burn it in the car park then. - (pwhysall) - (4)
                     Have the PFY handle it -NT - (drook)
                     not driving back to North Dakota -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                         Pee. Eff. Why. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                             its north dakota all the pfy's are hiding behind the trees -NT - (boxley)
         filed under ygbfkm - (boxley) - (7)
             Glad you got it figured out! -NT - (Another Scott)
             Hope you find the culprit! -NT - (static)
             Who messes with the package management system? - (drook) - (4)
                 Someone who needs a punch in the face, that's who -NT - (pwhysall)
                 some of the larger tool makers that do automated rollouts and updates - (boxley) - (2)
                     See my previous reply -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                         :-) -NT - (boxley)

If your attack is going too well, you're walking into an ambush.
141 ms