IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New :-(
I vote for getting another GS3 or new one. UBreakIFix wants $100 for a broken glass replacement, $200 for glass + LCD replacement. Free diagnosis, but I wouldn't be surprised that if you don't pay for repairs that they won't put it back together again. (Dunno for sure, of course.) It looks like you can get a GS3 on e-bay for
New Wait ... it's a zombie
It's back to life. After leaving it alone overnight, I brought it with me to work in case I could find someone to look at it. Plugged it in in the car just for the hell of it and it started charging. Got to work and it starts and charges normally.

Only problem now is it's not recognizing the SIM. But that I think I can fix. When I took it apart to look for visible damage I think I didn't re-seat the tray properly. Soon as I get home I'll try again.

I'm glad I didn't see any deals last night that were so amazing I pulled the trigger. The newer devices are better, but not so much better at what I usually do to be worth it.

[edit] Yup, re-seated the SIM card holder and it works again. It was raining that night, maybe I just got it wet.
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook Oct. 6, 2014, 11:42:38 PM EDT
New Woot!
     Think I let all the magic smoke out of my Galaxy S3 - (drook) - (6)
         The battery may be very dead. Keep charging it. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Plug in to PC, good idea! Thanks. -NT - (drook)
         It's dead, Jim - (drook) - (3)
             :-( - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 Wait ... it's a zombie - (drook) - (1)
                     Woot! -NT - (Another Scott)

You can’t fight math. I’ve tried. I lost.
43 ms