IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New +5, subtle. Yes, I catch your meaning..
As [a Famous one] said, There is nothing in this world that can not be made a little cheaper; those who buy by price alone are that one'e prey.

You too are an outlier.. you gots the life-rafts--a perk for the salt-mine labor via which you built the rafts.
As to days wasted waiting for the horribleness: for many (the less they knew about the guts) those days Did come. As for me, a horror would be to stay current on The mixed-digital-Registry and the latest gossip on what to Beware in some recent Bug-fix er, Upgrade.

Life way-too short to have to perpetually be ready to clean-up behind a fix-on-fix-on-fix kluge that never did manage to "add-in" security to that CP/M (semi-stolen) clone. Lobster is good; albatross is stringy and brings Bad Luck. YMDV
New apple controls what hardware goes into its boxen
limits it, drives it and charges a premium because all the drivers mostly work. Microsoft has the same thing, its called a xbox and is considerably more expensive than a laptop.
I have access to knowledge to hack registries. My earlier point was that I have been pigignorant of having to do anything with my lapper. Of course I dont download, click, get phished (well mostly) anything I am not sure of. The box works, doesnt require any config stuff or things of that nature.
I use it too keep my books with gnucash.
research the intarwebs
download very specific software to test for tools in aid of system administration.
read garbage blogs and news sites.
email and here.
So I dont really do intensive stuff, but have not had to figure out why it is not running at all. It just works, like Mac just works but without the sticker shock.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
     Seeking comments on latest Mac notebooks - (Ashton) - (37)
         Nice, expensive, not got much graphical shove - (pwhysall) - (7)
             What he said. Are you missing a "Do Not" in the last line? - (Another Scott) - (3)
                 No - (pwhysall) - (2)
                     Weird. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         Re: Weird. - (pwhysall)
             I disagree about the keyboard. - (static) - (2)
                 Take your point, but... - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     Yes, the HHK is an outlier. - (static)
         They were updated in July, more extensive changes in 2015. - (Another Scott)
         Thanks all.. perzackly what I needed to know. - (Ashton)
         PS: about desirable mem for two Apps: - (Ashton) - (24)
             Max it. - (pwhysall) - (21)
                 I do appreciate that Winders Can handle (even such as you do.) - (Ashton) - (20)
                     windows sux - (boxley) - (10)
                         My dad recently got a Win7 machine after running XP for years... - (Another Scott) - (4)
                             recent? Win8 has been out for a while. - (boxley) - (3)
                                 Yup. Just a few months ago. They didn't want 8.x. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                     Wow - (boxley) - (1)
                                         Win7 is on "extended support" until January 2020. It'll be around a while. -NT - (Another Scott)
                         +5, subtle. Yes, I catch your meaning.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                             apple controls what hardware goes into its boxen - (boxley)
                         It's not UNIX - (malraux) - (2)
                             yup, shoddy dev platform unless you are from other countries - (boxley) - (1)
                                 No kidding - (malraux)
                     Re: I do appreciate that Winders Can handle (even such as you do.) - (pwhysall) - (8)
                         +5, Insightful. - (static)
                         Thanks; second the Insightful (and dudgeon over Apple's now evident decline - (Ashton) - (6)
                             Actually - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                 Heh. even moi can second the file manager options available - (Ashton) - (4)
                                     I was a young sysadmin in the mid-late 90s - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                         By way of contrast - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                             So you're the kind of user who can still make that happen -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                                 Wasn't even connected to the wifi - (pwhysall)
             Would she be happier with a MacPro? - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Plan to send her here to mull, cogitate - (Ashton)
         You might consider the refurbs - (Steve Lowe)
         you might want to check the iworm -NT - (boxley)

Is that a Dune reference?
122 ms