IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New One for crazy.. (on This American Life) npr
Yeshivas -vs- (predominately-black/latino) locals re. a NY town's School Board ... and its machinations.

A Not-So-Simple Majority.
We take it for granted that the majority calls the shots. But in one New York school district, that idea -- majority rules -- has led to all-out war. School board disputes are pretty common, but not like this one. This involves multimillion-dollar land deals, lawyers threatening to beat up parents, felony criminal charges and the highest levels of state government. Meanwhile, the students are caught in the middle.

The usual superbly nuanced presentation of an ongoing clusterfuck, involving both ancient tropes re 'Jews' and modern nasty-Lawyer *heavies: rather reinforcing by Actions: the common denominator of those er, Discontents.

* Literally.. in one incident recorded/played-back. Low-balling price of a building soon to be 'sold' to a Yeshiva.. brings in the State, Cuomo et al ... though the Power-holders remain in control

See Which Side--you might be on? in this--still unsettled--chain of events, real-estate machinations, group-disdains and Machivellian manipulations.

Is We Ready for Self-Government ... sprung into mind.
New For me? gee thanks
Why make me suffer?
Yeah, I listened to the whole thing.
Fundamentalist assholes being assholes.
That is what they do.

New My thought for day re. any Jew-baiting..
At some break in the inevitable tirade, one inserts..
~ "..well then, Bobo is rilly popular amongst the masses; ya think We gots liabilities ... what about Yours?"
New I hate the "look over there" distraction argument
No matter who is being baited. And those people are not MY people. As far as they are concerned, I am just another outsider. And I almost agree with the asshole "in my heart" statement. Sure, she's wrong to say "all of them", but "most" of them would be correct enough. They have a siege mentality, and will never give an inch.
New Iraelis, finally in a 'State', had been in perpetual siege.
Thus, unsurprising. How a group with such a history morphs into a smidgeon of empathy for its ongoing detractors--before WW-III precipitates all around?

We're waiting to find out. Shrublike intransigence is never a hopeful sign. (But dying over ancient metaphors remains popular all over.)
Sometimes I think I see the cosmic humour in this play, but it's never funny-ha-ha :-/

And Israel never rises to this:
Law above fear, justice above law, mercy above justice, love above all.
     One for crazy.. (on This American Life) npr - (Ashton) - (4)
         For me? gee thanks - (crazy) - (3)
             My thought for day re. any Jew-baiting.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                 I hate the "look over there" distraction argument - (crazy) - (1)
                     Iraelis, finally in a 'State', had been in perpetual siege. - (Ashton)

Who's got a match?
56 ms