IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Memories are too deep there.
You bet your ass! :)

And those memories have been stirred up and intensified by Putin's actions.

Communists tried hard to suppress that kind of thinking by mixing a resettling ethnic groups.

About 3 years ago my wife and I were shopping at Costco. As usual, there were folks giving out samples of chips, or pieces of chocolate, cookies, or whatever. One of those folks, a portly lady, says to us "Please try this." So, we did. As we were walking away I tell my wife "That woman came from what was the Soviet Union." "No," my wife says, "given her complexion, she could be Mexican!" "Well," I said, "I know my accents, lets go see." My wife and I often play a game of contrariness. So we traipse on back to that lady and I say "I am going to ask you a question you do not have to answer." "What country did you come from when you came here?" "Kazakhstan," she says. "Welcome to the United States!," I said. "I came from Ukraine, and I've been here for over 60 years." "We're all the same people." she said a flashed a wide grin showing a couple stainless steel teeth.

Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Could be Ukranian too.
Lots of Ukrainians were exiled to Kazakhstan, along with the Volga Germans, Cossacks, Crimean Tatars and plenty of "uncooperative" Russians.

Since the fall of the Soviet Union, most of these peoples have been migrating out of the region, leaving a population more and more just Muslim Kazakhs.

I'm just wrapping up an intensive study of the cuisines and history of Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan and Uyghurstan). Nothing up on the site yet except a bunch of Uzbek and Turkmen salads, with more to come (and very good salads they are).
     Sanctions likely to hurt Russian gasoline production. - (Another Scott) - (10)
         Dominoes.. -NT - (Ashton)
         Oh Goody. Let's push a nuclear power to the brink. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
             They've been talking. Still fighting, also too. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                 Re: Memories are too deep there. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                     Could be Ukranian too. - (Andrew Grygus)
                 Are you completely unconcerned about <strike>Soviet</strike> Russian paranoia? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                     Mostly unconcerned. YMMV. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         'Indigenous life must be in agreement.' -NT - (Ashton)
                     Re: Are you completely unconcerned... - (rcareaga)
                     Concerned here.. mainly about the Unknowns looming. - (Ashton)

Put. The candle. Back!
39 ms