IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New [Evangelical AND a-climate scientist] on Moyers; for an hour
Here.

She is fairly articulate, but try as I might--could not condense her POV (as a means? to some antidote to the total communications failure.)

From (just my) POV--whatever is her 'metaphysical sense' (as tolerates the cognitive dissonance 'twixt career and big-Faith)
I think she is not cognizant of there being rational ways of relating one's "metaphysical ideas" as can be expressed to most intelligent ears.
Without that How-to ... you get this mish-mosh of failed referents, despite Moyers' efforts to map her a path (sorta..)
etting out a few clear referents at the start; nothing like the usual interview chatter; pity they couldn't manage it.

Still.. given that This Bloc may well determine the fate of not just the dis-USA--we'd each better spend some effort to grok these Certainty-freaks much b e t t e r.
You can't ridicule-them away unless you imagine you can ridicule-ISIS away. Certainty of Rightousness kills-more-deader than most hi-tech devices.
New You've got to believe! And it's only about 23 minutes.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Seemed an hour..
     [Evangelical AND a-climate scientist] on Moyers; for an hour - (Ashton) - (2)
         You've got to believe! And it's only about 23 minutes. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Seemed an hour.. -NT - (Ashton)

Same thing we do every night, Pinky...
60 ms