IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It's possible it was the Russians.
I believe I've said that I thought it was brought down accidentally by a SAM. However, there are other "eye witnesses" that tell a different story. The below is from an earlier, now deleted, BBC story (Google helped by deleting from their cache).
The inhabitants of the nearby villages are certain that they saw military aircraft in the sky shortly prior to the catastrophe. According to them, it actually was the jet fighters that brought down the Boeing.

Eyewitness #1: There were two explosions in the air. And this is how it broke apart. And [the fragments] blew apart like this, to the sides. And when …

Eyewitness #2: … And there was another aircraft, a military one, beside it. Everybody saw it.

Eyewitness #1: Yes, yes. It was flying under it, because it could be seen. It was proceeding underneath, below the civilian one.

Eyewitness #3: There were sounds of an explosion. But they were in the sky. They came from the sky. Then this plane made a sharp turn-around like this. It changed its trajectory and headed in that direction [indicating the direction with her hands].

Olga Ivshina, BBC: The Ukrainian government rejects this version of events. They believe that the Boeing was shot down using a missile from a “BUK” complex that came in from the direction of Russia.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/deleted-bbc-report-ukrainian-fighter-jet-shot-down-mhi7-donetsk-eyewitnesses/5393631

Whom to believe? Who knows? I think it was probably the Russians, as you assert, but "eyewitness testimony" isn't proof to me. And the Western media ain't the greatest source of information about this either. They (or more precisely their owners) have a dog in this fight.

New Fog of war. Preliminary report.
Lots of eyewitness accounts are wrong. Human brains aren't cameras, especially in stressful situations.

The preliminary report (4.4 MB PDF) is out.

[edit:] Dunno why the direct linky doesn't work. It's the first link ("new report") on this BBC page - http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-29119024

Cheers,
Scott.
Expand Edited by Another Scott Sept. 9, 2014, 10:33:23 AM EDT
New Interesting. Can't get the linky to work.
New See above. HTH.
New Thanks.
I'm a little troubled by the reporting on this. On the one hand, we have investigators saying "we can't get there" at the same time as news crews are there. Like the Canadian investigator who said the cockpit area looked like it was shot with 30 cal rounds. I don't trust the Russian press and I don't trust the Western press. It just seems like both sides are issuing conflicting statements and that doesn't do anyone any good. This may be a case where we wait 10 years or more to find out what actually happened.
     BBC: Russians were operating the BUK that shot down MH17. - (Another Scott) - (8)
         Makes perfect sense. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             Yup. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 just-WOW, Wikipedia! ... on to: discrimination: civilian/military. - (Ashton)
         It's possible it was the Russians. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
             Fog of war. Preliminary report. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                 Interesting. Can't get the linky to work. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                     See above. HTH. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         Thanks. - (mmoffitt)