IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hawking says CERN will solve AGW for us.
It will no longer be anything to worry about...

:-/

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who thinks he may be letting his math get ahead of him...)
New if that links to the article I am thinking of
if we have the tech to build a collider bigger than earth and be able to power it, yes global warming wont be an issue by then
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New What a way to go! :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Then again maybe Hawking didn't say CERN would destroy the universe.
Unpossible!!:

If you’re a science enthusiast, this week you have likely encountered headlines claiming that physicist Stephen Hawking thinks the Higgs boson will cause the end of the universe.

This is a jaw-dropping misrepresentation of science. The universe is safe and will be for a very long time — for trillions of years.

To understand how abominably Hawking’s words have been twisted, first we need to understand his statement. To paraphrase just a little, Hawking said that in a world in which the Higgs boson and another fundamental particle — the top quark — have the masses that scientists have measured them to have, the universe is in a metastable state.

[...]

Guess we have to worry about AGW after all. ;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Well, given homo-sap's irregularly-irregular psyche, one bet is sure:
Some?/many? would prefer the quantum denouement.. if WE gotta go, let's take the whole THING with US.
(Does any other creature live.. for.. a next dose of Schadenfreude ... besides US?)

Rest case.

(But.. would those measly rulez apply to The Tardis?)
     Hawking says CERN will solve AGW for us. - (Another Scott) - (4)
         if that links to the article I am thinking of - (boxley)
         What a way to go! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Then again maybe Hawking didn't say CERN would destroy the universe. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Well, given homo-sap's irregularly-irregular psyche, one bet is sure: - (Ashton)

This buffer is for notes you don't want to save, and for Lisp evaluation.
37 ms