IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I thought your link was to this...
Irina Dovgan.

But then I saw the "RT" in the URL...

:-/

Cheers,
Scott.
New In the field of battle, both sides commit atrocities.
One would expect more from the, cough, cough, wheez, elected officials in their dealings with one another. Nice redirection, though. When the heads of a Far Right (read: Neo-Nazi) government start admonishing their own politicians to "kneel before the Army" and blatantly quashes any complaints about the bombing of the nation's own civilians, it should send off alarm bells.

You don't find rt a reputable source? Think the story is false? There's an embedded Youtube video that proves the accuracy of the report.

Personally, I don't find Judith Miller's rag any more believable than fox news. The Neo-Nazis in Kiev declared war on their citizens living in the eastern region of the country. That qualified them to be rightly called "the enemy of Eastern Ukrainians." If Miller's rag is to be believed, she was at least guilty of aiding and abetting the enemy.
She was arrested after posting pro-Ukrainian views on social networking sites and giving food and clean clothes to Ukrainian soldiers when they approached the outskirts of her town.

I'm not suggesting that was justification for her reported treatment. I agree with the "Aleksandr Khodakovsky, the leader of the Vostok Battalion":
“It doesn’t matter what she did,” Mr. Khodakovsky said in an interview. “She should not have been treated that way.”

But let's try to avoid the Miller Rag spin of Cinderella being rescued. You make a decision to support the aggressors, you've got to know that isn't going to sit well with your neighbors.
New I wouldn't trust RT to tell me the Sun rises in the East.
E.g. here. Miller's been gone a long time. Has the RT management stopped taking orders from Putin yet? (Unlikely, since it is his baby, after all.)

In 2013, a presidential decree issued by Vladimir Putin dissolved RIA Novosti and subsumed it into a new information agency called Rossiya Segodnya (directly translated as Russia Today).[88] According to a report on the RT website, the new news agency is "in no way related" to the news channel RT despite the similarity to RT's original name.[88] However on December 31, 2013, Margarita Simonyan, editor-in-chief of the RT news channel, was also appointed as editor-in-chief of the new news agency while maintaining her duties for the television network.[89]

Oh, and there's Alex's helpfully provided linky, also too.

RT can't be trusted. Even in the worst days of the run-up of the Iraq war, contrary voices were in the Times and the Washington Post. You won't find anything approaching that at RT. You know this.

Yes, atrocities happen on both sides in wars. Civilians always get trampled. It's always a disaster for people in the middle. I'm not defending any particular action by Ukraine's military.

The Ukrainian woman was a civilian. There is no excuse, none, for the treatment she received. Also, the captured Ukrainian soldiers that were paraded through the streets was inexcusable. Civilized militaries don't do that. Militaries that want to drum up nationalism and jingoism, do.

Without Putin's support and his military invasion of Ukraine, the fighting in eastern Ukraine wouldn't have started in the first place, and it wouldn't be continuing now. The blood is (nearly) all on Putin's hands.

I've been bored by arguments about the "Neo-Nazis" and "fascists" in Kiev for quite a while. There is a guy, "Bob in Portland", on Balloon-Juice who throws that up almost every time Ukraine comes up. It's pointless to argue with him. It's like trying to argue about the impossibility of Noah's ark - without an agreed basis for discussion, it's pointless to imagine that minds will be changed. I learned that long ago.

Doesn't mean I won't push-back occasionally. ;-)

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
     "Get on your knees" to the army. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
         I thought your link was to this... - (Another Scott) - (2)
             In the field of battle, both sides commit atrocities. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 I wouldn't trust RT to tell me the Sun rises in the East. - (Another Scott)
         No wonder you're confused. - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
             Not much mention, I'll grant. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                 Did you get to see the Ukranian soldiers being marched throught streets.. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                     Geneva Conventions? So there's legitimacy to Донецкая народная республика? - (mmoffitt)

Who sliced the cheddar?
42 ms