Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Latest on the Historical Jesus
Raw Story.

A good summary with several good links.

Cheers,
Scott.
New looking for answers about jesus in Paul's writing is like searching for the true
meaning of god by following charles manson. Nothing he wrote advocated what is claimed to be what Jesus stood for, being a good jew.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New Good grief!
Can't you go to Ancestry.com, type in Jesus H. Christ, click on Search and be done with it? :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New :-)
It's a fool's errand, but it's entertaining to see what people have come up with.

Along these lines is the story of Emperor Jimmu - the "first emperor" of Japan. He just happened to unite Japan ~ 400 years before Qin Shi Huang united China. Imagine that! ;-)

Even if quasi contemporaneous writing and evidence existed, it could still be suspect. Stuff written decades or hundreds of years later is almost always automatically suspect.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Going back nearly a decade ...
--

Drew
New :-)
New It's beginning to look more and more like...
...like M. C. Scott got it right: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10102161-rome
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
     Latest on the Historical Jesus - (Another Scott) - (6)
         looking for answers about jesus in Paul's writing is like searching for the true - (boxley)
         Good grief! - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
             :-) - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 Going back nearly a decade ... - (drook) - (1)
                     :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         It's beginning to look more and more like... - (CRConrad)

A vacation you’ll talk about for years to come, at AA meetings.
42 ms