IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I gloat
Our ancient San Francisco headquarters received a major seismic upgrade late in the last century, and during this time, what with all the other mods (base isolation, ground-floor shearwall), they wired the place for the coming information superhighway of the future! The whole project took a few years, during which we leased premises across town. They must have done the wiring late in the process, because I'd already been assigned the adjacent office, lately and unjustly stolen from me, as a workroom/equipment room back under a friendlier management regime. Any computer or telecommunications gear contemplated? they asked me. Nope, quoth I. So...

They installed not a single data port. The division that has lately displaced me (at great personal and professional inconvenience, o my brothers, droogies and only friends) is now howling to high heaven, and the LAN guy is shrugging at them in the infuriating way that LAN guys have. "Can't make bricks without fiberoptic."

I'm not getting the space back, but nevertheless, I gloat.

vindictively,
New :-) Longevity has its benefits!
New nice
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New kinda silly to ask you
Labor costs are the highest part of a wiring job. If they are already in the process, then additional wires and jacks are trivial. So they should be sprinkled everywhere possible. But once done, it is a major cost to do it again, especially if the conduits are tough to map out.

I did a very large library once, 3 floors, main branch of a 10 branch system. We were still wiring in the middle of the grand opening party. The architect was screaming red faced going over the blueprints with me. He had a heart attack (damn close) when I proved the conduits did not match the blueprints and the main floor did not lead to the basement computer room.
     I gloat - (rcareaga) - (3)
         :-) Longevity has its benefits! -NT - (Another Scott)
         nice -NT - (boxley)
         kinda silly to ask you - (crazy)

MY SUGGESTIONS ARE THE RESULT OF COUNTLESS NANOSECONDS OF COGITATION! HOW DARE YOU REJECT THEM?!?
71 ms