IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New California drought, with graph.
This terrifying chart shows how bad California’s drought has gotten.

Yup.. surrounded as I am, by $$Wine absentee-landlords, sucking on same tributaries..
Air-spurts now regularly enter my well pump (fortunately only a few years old: but I Wonder how its bearings -for how long?- can manage sans adjacent water-cooling by conduction.)
Must, I suppose too--ponder when?--it comes down to simplest-arithmetic: the Rights of the Many -vs- the Few.

Pitchforks of the Dwellers -vs- Moneyed Interests, forever sucking-up our water for resale to the gourmands, far-elsewhere.

The Revolution won't be televised, it'll be on a million cel-fones.

Maybe I'll see Phlogiston ... enter the Mix? if matters are handled in typ Murican style du These jours :-/
(You read it here, first, eh?) I knew Chemistry was main Interest ... for Some 'reason'.
New Plenty of water and room in Michigan. :-P
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Scary stuff.
Atrios:

Monday, August 18, 2014

Not A Drop

I can get the impact on agriculture, but still really don't get what happens when the faucets go dry.

by Atrios at 13:00
110 Comments

Yup.

While small towns and cities have used trucked in water for a few weeks, SF or San Jose or LA not having drinking water for weeks or months would be a huge, huge issue. Here's hoping the weather breaks before it comes to that, and that plans are developed to wean the state off such vast amounts of imported water for agriculture...

Hang in there!

Cheers,
Scott.
New n-Homo-saps/planet can make for many Happy Campers, we once saw.
Building a Vegas-in-desert, then crying when the lawns are ruled-out: is typ. behavior.
Middle-East Sheikdoms--PhD--piled-higher-and deeper; China lusts for Murican-style-disdain for Facts vs Consumerdom.
(Haven't heard if the one tyke/family Rule has yet been rescinded/ignored ad hoc.)

At say, 5n-homo-saps you get a 20th Century. Bloody but not yet widespread starvation/dehydration.
At say, 9n? ...

It's not even math (and techno merely prolongs): geometric-progression -vs- arithmetic-progression explains exponentials, as Malthus did.
The fantasy-filled don't do even arithmetic.

Waking-up is always a next possibility, of course.
(I have a candle with a really-long wick. :-)
New should have taken Wally Hickel up on his offer huh? :-)
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New Grim
I plan to do my part in 2021 by leaving (though not for Michigan—been there, done that). If this drought affects California's ability to make good on my pension, I will be quite. pissed. off.
New Optimist then.. it took only Eight Years for the Shogunate to set-off
the continuing implosion (abetted by bin-Laden's ultimate-Win, that ROI for $100K (!!) -vs- $10s-of-Trillions) ...
as the Shrub/Cheney dominoes hit the waiting mid-cluster ... of a million-more tiles ..still-falling.

I don't do Dates anymore: this is now irregularly-Irregular territory. I am unanimous in that.
Neither math nor historical knowledge extrapolates, once into the not-yet fully activated(?) mob-subconscious.

Luck.
     California drought, with graph. - (Ashton) - (6)
         Plenty of water and room in Michigan. :-P -NT - (malraux)
         Scary stuff. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             n-Homo-saps/planet can make for many Happy Campers, we once saw. - (Ashton)
         should have taken Wally Hickel up on his offer huh? :-) -NT - (boxley)
         Grim - (gcareaga) - (1)
             Optimist then.. it took only Eight Years for the Shogunate to set-off - (Ashton)

Analyze its orgone levels.
132 ms