IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Guardians of the Galaxy
Lots of fun, very self-aware about the tropes, hung a lampshade on bunches of them. There was a good excuse for the soundtrack, but a couple of times it was still a little distracting. (For those who have seen it already, see what I did there?)

I didn't see it in 3D and honestly can't see where it would have added much, except for in one or two scenes, and a few places it could easily have induced nausea.

Overall, worth the bucks for the big screen and good sound.

[Edit] Why do I do that to myself? I linked to TV Tropes and lost a fucking half-hour. I dragged myself out when I hit the "Princess Bride" page and my brain exploded.
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook Aug. 22, 2014, 05:01:43 PM EDT
New Ah yesss.. Gold Standard must be
Sir Ian Richardson's Asides in the original House of Cards/PBS. (Maybe relates also to Geo. Carlin's perfect tone-of-voice expressions of any satiric comment whatsoever.)

(Not sure I really want to know the algorithms for every emotion-manipulating [now: subroutine] extant.
I mean.. I read some source-code once; no jollies whatsoever. Shall everything become a laugh-track?)

Pre-digital sample, though: Tektronix (oscilloscopes, etc.) schematic diagrams necessitated lots of long-lines from one point to another. Periodically.. the draftswoman would sketch-in a tiny figure, with poles, skiing down one of the sloped ones. Prescience of the Era of infinite disassemblage?

Rope-A-Trope Productions, LLC
We'll spice up your epitaph.. you too can Leave'em Laughin! :-D
New Definitely a good movie.
And most certainly did not take itself too seriously. However - I thought Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier was a much better cinema experience, and The Avengers was a rather better ensemble.

Wade.
     Guardians of the Galaxy - (drook) - (2)
         Ah yesss.. Gold Standard must be - (Ashton)
         Definitely a good movie. - (static)

com.yendormike.servlet.disaster.rice.red.bookmark.torture.chinese.commie.java
39 ms