IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New More on science, consciousness (some physicists' early explorations) on npr today:
Irrelevant, this topic, for any who have decided that the methods of science can/shall reveal answers to any questions wondered-about: now or next. (To accept that, you must also acknowledge that our understanding of 'Energy': its kaleidoscope of sub-categories, is now near-enough solved as to be deemed complete.)

To the Best of Our Knowledge
The Edges of Science

How do we know what's real? Can science tell us, or is there an unseen reality we'll never understand? The show explores the borderlands of knowledge and reflects on some remarkable episodes in the history of science -- Nobel laureates who investigated ghosts and a pioneer of quantum physics who found messages in his dreams.

The Edges of Science .
Today's offering, via 3 books, describes an interesting time when credentialed-scientists focussed their analytic skills upon purported para-normal events. While most of these proved to be bogus/or even scams, some events defied rational explanation, (including a mentioned experience of one of these investigators.)

Alas towards the end of this section, when Chopra chimes-in re (basically, our ignorance of consciousness itself) his antagonist suggests that, pretty much ~"we'll have a map of imagination (implicitly consciousness too) Real Soon now." And the host was out of time.

What this brief commentary had no time to follow up was a comment at opening, "What. if. serious scientists, with today's techno, were to again focus upon incidents today, of similar strangeness (selecting out those reports whose author tests too-sane to handily discredit, say?) I suspect there's little inclination to risk obloquy from one's cohorts ... but it would have been worth hearing the repartee, I thought. There's so much bogosity-noise around the most subtle of events-within-consciousness, it's understandable that such a Tar-baby topic would be eschewed--by most of those best-suited to seek truthiness (wherever discernible.) Catch 22.
New The answer is simple - there is no reality.
It is a matter of perception.
New One primer, then: 'The Doors of Perception'
then a few hundred others. Math won't reveal much in this area, physics can't 'study' it and words have no Referents, so ...
Perception is just another synonym for [what isn't remotely understood] Eh? Circle-jerk.

Maybe some next generation will come up with something transmissible? (Till then, I'll have to go with my perception that Ignorance of Reality is no proof of its non-existence.) Were there no such 'thing', then maybe the Cosmos doesn't 'really' exist, either--if'n ya wanna go with Leibniz and that "dark-room with a projector running".

Now if Something is amused at our word-games.. would It have a URL?

Anyone still fascinated with the unAnswered.. (especially the unAnswerable) Questions? - (Ashton) - (10)
         ObSentient LRPD "Let's ask the Magic Conch shell." -NT - (Silverlock)
         Thanks. It's a good read. - (Another Scott) - (2)
             Of course those are significant omissions.. this was a lunch-break chat ;^> - (Ashton) - (1)
                 Good points all around. :-) Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Re: Questions? - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             (One of my favs, too.) 'Certainty' is forever bogus. -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                 Not forever. - (mmoffitt)
         More on science, consciousness (some physicists' early explorations) on npr today: - (Ashton) - (2)
             The answer is simple - there is no reality. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 One primer, then: 'The Doors of Perception' - (Ashton)

File not found.
41 ms