IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New front disk brakes on 1985 rx7
very nice setup. The only better setup is on a 1990 ford van. 2 bolts on the calipers, 11/16th on the bottom front 14mm top rear. Once the bolts come out the calipers slide on a pivot as the caliper assembly is attached to the frame. The pads are set inside a spring set to hold them in place. Rotate caliper up pull out the old pads, inset the new pads onto the springs. Use C clamp to push piston in caliper even to the housing rotate down and the bolts line up perfectly. 15 minutes per side once figured out.

Now the rear drum parts wont be here until the 19th. I hate drum brakes, narsty springs, shims and schtuff. Dreading it.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New It's nice when engineers think ahead to maintenance.
(Although I'm curious as to why one bolt was imperial and the other metric...)

Friend a couple of years ago acquired an early MG B. It needed some work, mostly keeping it going. One piece of work - I forget what - required dismantling something on the side of the engine. But the engineers had thought of that! There were holes in the wheel-well for accessing the requisite bolts without pulling the engine. :-)

Wade.
New dunno 16mm was 2 small 17mm too big the standard was close but not exact
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New I bet someone had replaced it at some point.
It's a Japanese car; everything should be metric (except the seatbelt mounts).

Wade.
New My GS550ES was even easier
Pull off two plastic covers each side, two cotter pins, pull the old pads out, reseat the pistons with a pair of channel locks (only tool needed) and drop the new pads in.
--

Drew
     front disk brakes on 1985 rx7 - (boxley) - (4)
         It's nice when engineers think ahead to maintenance. - (static) - (2)
             dunno 16mm was 2 small 17mm too big the standard was close but not exact -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 I bet someone had replaced it at some point. - (static)
         My GS550ES was even easier - (drook)

Wanted: Web developer, command line junkie getting his freak on.
43 ms