IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New How does the pricing work
I've seen things talking about $x per user, but with a catchall that would seem to be infinite. I'm missing something.
--

Drew
New Don't know...
I can't speak to that. All of my organizations that use it have under 10 users, and I moved them over back when "organizations with fewer than 10 users" were free.

What I can say, though, is that you basically specify the catch-all to go to one user.

So you would have drew@htclyg.com, and mike@htclyg.com. Those are two separate accounts. Drew doesn't see Mike's email, and the opposite is also true. Then you set up the catch-all to go to Drew. Drew will now see any-email-address-here-except-mike@htclyg.com. Mike will only see email to mike@htclyg.com.

Make sense?
-Mike

@MikeVitale42

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New If you don't particularly care...
you can have 1 user and have them do the catch all.

I have 2 because I averaged many tens of thousands of mail per day to my mail server...

So, I pay $10.31/month for 2 users with one having 100GB of additional storage. (130GB total for that one)

With 1 user (technically you can do everything through aliases and groups) you'd pay about $4.15/month... you get all the stuff. All of it, since they've now made premium G+ the default for everything.

It really is that simple. Most DNS providers have "Google Templates" now a day.

I pay $29.95/year for my 10 domains and 5M queries a month. I can switch to "business" plan plus 25 domains for $39.95/year and 25M queries a month

I pay $100/year for 2 users

I pay $23.88/year for an additional 100GB of storage for 1 user.

Pretty damned cheap compared to what I was paying ($50/month and I had to do all the work and still had to pay for DNS stuff)
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New You're doing DNS and registration through them too?
I thought you preferred to keep hosting, DNS and registration all separate?
--

Drew
New I use DNS Made Easy.
Sorry to collude that.

I also still use Names4Ever for my registrar, but they are doing business as APlus... though I still have to use the Names4ever Control Panel.

And yes, I believe it is better to have them separate... I'm seeing a LOT of issues with companies like "1and1" that make me glad I don't do it all one place.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
Expand Edited by folkert Aug. 13, 2014, 01:01:51 PM EDT
New Re: You're doing DNS and registration through them too?
I know this is following on to a reply to Greg, but...

I use Names4Ever for my domain name registration, and my DNS is handled through dnsimple.

For what it's worth.
-Mike

@MikeVitale42

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
     Moving to Gmail? - (drook) - (8)
         I recently moved everything to Google Apps. - (folkert)
         Re: Moving to Gmail? - (mvitale) - (6)
             How does the pricing work - (drook) - (5)
                 Don't know... - (mvitale)
                 If you don't particularly care... - (folkert) - (3)
                     You're doing DNS and registration through them too? - (drook) - (2)
                         I use DNS Made Easy. - (folkert)
                         Re: You're doing DNS and registration through them too? - (mvitale)

You're gonna look like a right plank with that thing held against your face.
117 ms