IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New in fairness...
this was a known genius who (although he is on record denying bipolarity) clearly leveraged his manic-depressive brain chemistry to extraordinary effect throughout a performing career of almost four decades. Our old chum DeSitter takes a sour view of the suicide, and holds that Williams "owes" the world for the wealth that celebrity brought him. I responded that to the extent Williams "owed the world" anything for his celebrity, he retired that principal a long time ago, and that we, the public, are just greedy for additional interest. He didn't owe us a damn moment more of entertainment.

Hundreds of thousands of people die every day whose contributions to human good, however profound (and many fail by several scores of meters to clear that bar), are confined to a modest circle of friends and family. Williams was particularly gifted, and far more people felt rightly or wrongly "touched" by his public persona. It's regrettable that these distraught fans most of them proceed immediately to wallow in a spurious sense of personal bereavement.

cordially,
New Stimulus/response is rarely more annoying than in these circumstances
My annoyance with mere stimulus/response outpourings is, I suppose measured against the JFK aftermath: in that case the majority of those--while suffering from a pre-deifying groping for words--were likely as heart-felt essays as mobs of people ever might display. (And even the aftermath of that proved salubrious: enabled the passage of the Civil Rights Act--LBJ-as-proxy--as could only have been dreamed-on, prior. For: had he lived, even? most improbable.) Grief, it appears can catalyze an authentic return to humanity.. for a time.

Techno now allows/nay forces us to assimilate the whole Gaussian-curve from the eloquent to the maudlin/all-at-Once! What then shall we reserve? for a billion outpourings, (say) whenever it dawns on some Super-majority: the incipient, maybe probable Loss of an entire Home-planet? ... (never mind the personal loss of one's Veyron or customized-black-707 air taxi. Or authentic cat.)

Heh, gotta go there again I guess.. allus fun to square-off with DRL, even in his cups.
(I thought Robin W. a kin of Python and Laugh-In; we owed him and them.) Our unstoppable-Right is to exit the Play on our own terms, if utterly determined.
     A famous is dead! A famous is dead! - (pwhysall) - (7)
         Are you talking about... - (folkert) - (1)
             Methinks.. You've (both) got. it. - (Ashton)
         in fairness... - (rcareaga) - (1)
             Stimulus/response is rarely more annoying than in these circumstances - (Ashton)
         The Pres. managed a decent tribute, in few words - (Ashton) - (1)
             Is this the more sincere tribute? - (Ashton)
         Suicide is painless... - (gcareaga)

The biggest giveaway is they always have slightly too specific of an answer to literally every question.
63 ms