IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Or driven by Russian Special forces.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
Expand Edited by a6l6e6x Aug. 11, 2014, 02:47:20 PM EDT
New But, that's my point. Does it matter?
Obviously innocent civilians are being shelled into oblivion. Kiev wouldn't even consider not shelling the roads the refugees were travelling on to get out of harm's way. We're okay with this so much that NATO has promised more military aid.

No one sees a problem with that?
New Those, at minimum, are called reinforcements.
So, it matters. They would be there to guide the invading Russian forces.

Verified help would be most welcome. But, I would not trust anything coming from the East.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New (D'overai ni proverei.. worked even for paranoid-Ronnie.)
New And I would not trust anything coming from the West.
The move by NATO to extend the alliance to the Russian border is a controversial one that violates the spirit, if not the letter, of a February 1990 agreement between then Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev, U.S. Secretary of State James Baker, and Chancellor Helmut Kohl of Germany.

The issue at the time was Germany and NATO. Under the treaty ending World War II, the Soviets had a right to keep troops in Eastern Germany. The U.S. and the Germans were trying to negotiate a reunion of the two Germanys that would remove the 380,000 Soviet troops in the East, while maintaining U.S. and NATO forces in the West.

The Russians were willing to exit their troops, but only if U.S. and NATO forces did not fill the vacuum. On Feb. 9, Gorbachev told Baker “any extension of the zone of NATO would be unacceptable.” Baker assured him that “NATO’s jurisdiction would not shift one inch eastward.”

The Baker-Gorbachev meeting was followed the next day by a meeting between Gorbachev and West German Chancellor Helmut Kohl, who assured the Soviet leader that “naturally NATO could not expand its territory” into East Germany. And, in a parallel meeting between West German Foreign Minister Hans-Dietrich Genscher and Soviet Foreign Minister Eduard Shevardnadze, Genscher told Shevardnadze “for us, it stands firm: NATO will not expand to the East.”

http://dispatchesfromtheedgeblog.wordpress.com/2014/03/11/wikileaks-ukraine-nato/
New does the polish free army ring a bell?
lots of reasons not to trust "truth" from either side
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New I don't disagree.
Although I'll admit I am vastly more dubious of the West's portrayal of Russia than I am of Russia's portrayal of the West. Maybe that's just some ancient Soviet residue, but in any case, there you are. ;0)
New What about ...
I am vastly more dubious of the West's portrayal of Russia than I am of Russia's portrayal of the West.

What about the West's portrayal of the West, or Russia's portrayal of Russia? Which do you think is closer to "true"?
--

Drew
New 'MURICA! EFF-YEAH!
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New Would I mean *ANYTHING ELSE?* EFF-NO!
Thanks, now I can mock some peeps and they completely agree with it.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New Neither.
New So you're OK with this:
BBC:
Russia enacts 'draconian' law for bloggers and online media Russia's parliament has voted through a series of internet laws Russia's parliament has voted through a series of internet laws.

A new law imposing restrictions on users of social media has come into effect in Russia.

It means bloggers with more than 3,000 daily readers must register with the mass media regulator, Roskomnadzor, and conform to the regulations that govern the country's larger media outlets.

Internet companies will also be required to allow Russian authorities access to users' information.

One human rights group called the move "draconian".
The Register:
Russians will be required to hand over their passport-validated phone numbers to access public wireless networks under new laws.

The laws ban the use of public wireless networks, creating confusion around precisely which networks would be affected and what form of identification would need to be provided.

Leonid Levin, deputy chairman of Russia's State Duma lower chamber, said the laws would require citizens to provide their mobile phone numbers to receive log in details for all public wireless networks.

The land of the free.
Alex

The land of the free.

-- Isaac Asimov
New They're just not as sophisticated as us.
Our NSA watches, reads, listens to and data mines everything we do on the tubes, too. What's the diff? One might argue that in Russia, at least they're open about it.
New Watching what you're reading is one thing.
Controlling what you get to say is another. Ask Pussy Riot how things worked out for them

Both are bad to be sure.
Alex

-- Isaac Asimov
New But why watch if the intent is not to stifle?
New Is that an essay question or a faux-conundrum? (or both.)
New Only if you are a terrierist.
Freedom of speech is the issue. You have any idea how many right wing anti-Obama or anti-government sites there are?

You register your domain name with ICANN and you're good to go. The US government is not part of the process.
Alex

-- Isaac Asimov
New Yup.
New Re: Only if you are a terrierist. I see. "If you've got nothing to hide ..."
New It's consumption vs production of "content".
Alex

-- Isaac Asimov
     Will we bomb the Red Cross now? - (mmoffitt) - (28)
         Depends on how many mortar shells the Red Cross is carrying. -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (22)
             So, just "aid and comfort" is okay then. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
             Or driven by Russian Special forces. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (20)
                 But, that's my point. Does it matter? - (mmoffitt) - (19)
                     Those, at minimum, are called reinforcements. - (a6l6e6x) - (18)
                         (D'overai ni proverei.. worked even for paranoid-Ronnie.) -NT - (Ashton)
                         And I would not trust anything coming from the West. - (mmoffitt) - (16)
                             does the polish free army ring a bell? - (boxley) - (6)
                                 I don't disagree. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                     What about ... - (drook) - (4)
                                         'MURICA! EFF-YEAH! -NT - (folkert) - (2)
                                             You mean this? - (drook) - (1)
                                                 Would I mean *ANYTHING ELSE?* EFF-NO! - (folkert)
                                         Neither. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                             So you're OK with this: - (a6l6e6x) - (8)
                                 They're just not as sophisticated as us. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                                     Watching what you're reading is one thing. - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
                                         But why watch if the intent is not to stifle? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                             Is that an essay question or a faux-conundrum? (or both.) -NT - (Ashton)
                                             Only if you are a terrierist. - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                                                 Yup. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                 Re: Only if you are a terrierist. I see. "If you've got nothing to hide ..." -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                     It's consumption vs production of "content". -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Apparently mostly empty - (scoenye) - (4)
             apparently used the same shipping company as the turkish gaza flotilla -NT - (boxley)
             Not only that. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 That would get ~260 "advisers" in. -NT - (scoenye)
             Curiouser and curiouser.. Three Card Monte/shell game? -NT - (Ashton)

Interstate Face Stab
166 ms