I pretend-not a thorough grokking of anything you could call "the Real Issues" underlying the patently-manipulated Official-screeds (always further mis-read/misinterpreted by the slovenly meeja of all infotainment outlets.) But even I can see some holes in either pole of the benign/malevolent intentions of US/NATO -vs- Russia-under-Putin.

One elision (at least) re the ouster of Yanukovych is the matter of his accretion of National-wealth--practically a carbon-copy of the dis-USA--its 'Yanukovych' (retitled as: The 0.01% Governing Plutocrats.) We saw (at IWE) those pics of the brown/khaki?-shirts wannabe-S.A. in action with the Molotov cocktails and that gory 'Square'. It seems that many commentators, then and since--possessed of much more fresh and ancient local lore--have oft-contradictory takes on the asserted root causes? implied strategies of the many warring factions.

To (really) follow-along the original Position statements of even the major players/groups would, I think become a full-time job. To then try to rank, dissect their platforms and summarize a truthier Overview, while flagging the obvious falsehoods in meeja takes, all along: would need squads of unbiased [Hah!] authentic [How tell?] investigative reporters. We amateurs suck hind-tit in this morass of disinformation, naive (and subtle) scheming: just like here at 'Home'.

The Nation's analysis seems rational, given their framing (that odious/cynical--now inescapable facet of all propaganda) to my pretty-ignorant perusal. But believe! that it is both accurate and sufficient? is to go, simple-mindedly with one of two poles.
As Box states, al punte: We don't Do Complexity (even half-assed, well-enough.)

It's fortunate that both Alex and Mike possess lived-in lore which we ocean-isolated furriners can't possibly replicate. But no individual experience can grok-to-fullness this nexus of sincere/brilliant + lying/incompetent reportage, I wot. That *This play is ongoing with such manifestly more important matters as affect all Species! (still) alive, proves that rhetoric Shall prevail, worldwide over sane, informed authentic debate, then cautious but rapid addressing of the Main Problem -vs- homo-sap's non-stewardship of its only-possible nest.

* that 'we' are analyzing this Play via the same rhetoric as has attended every clusterfuck since before-the-Shogunate's (perhaps-Final)==fatal 8 years of retrograde dismantlings--simply underscores that koan.. dirge? Mankind lacks Scale and Relativity. Collectively then, 'we' Aren't employing Language towards our survival; those tiny-minorities earnestly pleading that we. learn. How. to do that? are -120 dB in-the-noise. Still.