IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Colleague has a G3
Screen's very nice and sharp, colours are good, the resolution is insane, but max brightness is very meh. Whether the LG skin for Android, which is much more material-esque than its previous incarnations, would annoy me to death, I dunno.

It's a very light phone, but that's not necessarily a good thing. Even a really really heavy phone like a Lumia 920 only weighs a hundred and sixty grammes, and if hefting that up to your face is a problem, you need to hit the gym, stat. The G3 is so light that it feels more fragile than it is.
New Android Police has an updated LG G3 review.
http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/08/14/lg-g3-review-addendum-2-months-later/

He really doesn't like the display now.

I'm glad I don't have to choose now (knock wood). I still haven't made my Nexus 4 indispensable yet, so I haven't felt constrained enough to look too hard at the present choices. T-Mobile didn't have service in Quebec while I was there (could have been on Rogers but I didn't see the need), so I mainly used it as a camera and a WiFi device. It was Ok (but the shutter lag was very annoying when trying to get shots of whales). I'd want to play with the camera on a new phone in person, if possible, before choosing again. But I can't see myself switching from Android.

I like the G3 form factor, and the Nexus 4 (an LG product) has treated me well, so it's a sentimental favorite, but not enough to make me buy one yet. ;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
     So crap.... I need to get a new smart phone... - (folkert) - (11)
         you dont like your curret model? -NT - (boxley) - (2)
             Samsung Galaxy Nexus One. - (folkert) - (1)
                 s/One// ;) -NT - (pwhysall)
         Dunno. Maybe something from Moto with Cyanogen? - (Another Scott) - (7)
             Got a Samsung Galaxy S5... - (folkert) - (4)
                 The S5 isn't "all metal"... - (pwhysall) - (2)
                     The only part not metal is the back cover to accommodate... - (folkert) - (1)
                         I think you'll find that's shiny-metal-stylee plastic. - (pwhysall)
                 The Galaxy Alpha is metal - (malraux)
             Colleague has a G3 - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 Android Police has an updated LG G3 review. - (Another Scott)

Savoir Faire ees EVERYWHERE!
59 ms