and since I know that your intelligence is circumspect--before you write--I deem that your Conclusion is evidence enough that--the remaining dis-USA denizens of such mental adequacy concur. Maybe to the letter.

What we never can know in 2014 is: how large a minority are These? We already realize that Governance (all its conjugations) is not merely 'broken'--in the sense of massive ineptness to promulgate/enforce sane laws and procedures--but much the worse: concerning what those very laws ought to be about/how Enforcers are to be supervised, re-trained and forever Watched-over.

My philosophy knows not any Why? that this confluence of egregious nation-management AND dire planetary emergencies--capable of unprecedented unto fatal results/Certain-to reach 'fatal', via any reasonably ept predictions of the historical actions of the tribes in This-country--Why the convergence just Now?
It seems ~as-if the local Village Idiot [Not the neat-one of Python!] had AR-15'd all the saner citizens and schemed a much s l o w e r horrifying End for the remaining also-rans, not then exterminated.

When I ponder that the current Admin and it's Head, BHO: have already reinforced most of the oppressive and just plain bat-shit crazy aspects of the Shogunate and its execrable Neocon horde of discredited sociopaths--this while his intelligence must be among the highest of any Prez since the Founders!--I generate no self-congratulatory endorphins via this brilliant fucking-obvious deduction.

I cannot dwell upon the Odds.. that such a well-OIled-machine might be stopped in its tracks? by some (sufficiency???) of intelligence-driven mobs-with-torches.
Our materialism has now become the Only Cause deemed worth defending amidst what I deem to be a vast-Plurality of our fellow insouciant inmates.
We always KIll via a plethora of maniacal metaphors (ever since that Abel guy, to employ one) and there are 100x more guns out there than brains to trigger them.

Via mere stats + probability:... ... well, you know.
(Via my own few metaphysical orisons (one, two? quite-improbable, subsequent events) I think I'll be able to retain enough sanity to Observe with some equanimity, how the cleaning of the Augean Stables proceeds/does not even begin.)

Surely we are flat-amidst the Greatest Crap Shoot since the day before the Iridium-asteroid/mega-volcanoes deleted %90-ish of all species extant==more than Once.

Carrion. One can eat it/be it/or deny it exists.