IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Was pondering your situation, (fwiw)
from having an idea of your fortés, lo these many years.. yourself (here) freed-from any Corp-cant whatsoever (except to mock the worst of it--as any sane one Would!)

Methinks that your talent for parsing loaded/ambiguous-sentences--and following through--where it matters: places you in good stead for Managing some group of talented Prima Donnas (the egotism of all-yout) whose linguistic skillz aren't nearly as functional as their logic-prestidigitations:
(this I merely presume to be a source of lots of wasted-thus-resented, "Meeting at 11:00-ses" as seem to be rote-protocols in most of Corporate-land.)
That deduced: merely by many verbatim descriptions in these parts--they add-up, y'know?

Concluding from that-all, that: the main annoyance (to folks here reporting) of 'useless-meetings': derives from their boring, scripted? sameness and also from the oft-social-cluelessness
of their er, Moderators?
[Any sense, thus far?]

Ergo: the consensus of the little-[i's'] here: is that you likely know about the boredom, also about antidotes--all as involve language, not just some content needing to be spread around to fellow toilers in the Boolean salt-mines. You could translate to 'fewer-words' the overblown circumnavigations of the less-ept/also add a few to the habitual *nix-brevity folk: to Good Effect overall.
All you'd have to do to land such a Position is (maybe; just a w.a.g. here, of course) work-up a sample dialogue of how You.. would keep an 'information-transfer' Meeting on-keel, on-schedule thus successfully-Overseen ... at the end. (Were boring, resented-meetings My bugaboo? while seeking Better from a new-hire: that is how I'd interview anyone (I hope!))

Yes, my comments re, a Corporate enviro of which I possess only hear-say 'evidence' is surely presumptuous [but, w.t.f.--I'm humble--just ask me.] *But I've had 'a crew' to 'manage' too, and I doubt that those interactions are much different in I.T.

" When I was elected Dictator, my Boss fairly-{chortled}, Well, Ash, how's it feel to be a Management-functionary? ... Eh? (I think I said.. Touché) I was, natch, the local-"Revolutionary" via his lights.

Anyway.. Luck, in the foray.

The audacity of competence.
--a Pharyngula reply.
New Meetings can fail for so many reasons
But yes, a weak moderator exacerbates pretty much all of those.
--

Drew
     IWeThey - - - (drook) - (32)
         :-( Best of luck! -NT - (Another Scott)
         Lots of PHP in Detroit - (malraux) - (8)
             We're willing to relocate, but I don't know about Detroit -NT - (drook) - (7)
                 It's a city in Michigan, but that's not important right now. -NT - (pwhysall) - (2)
                     Have I told you recently that you're funny? No? There's a reason for that. -NT - (drook) - (1)
                         rofl. -NT - (Another Scott)
                 You don't have to live in the city to work there - (malraux)
                 The suburbs are beautiful. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     Plus the Joe. Don't forget about the Joe. - (mmoffitt)
                     Yes, lots of people equate the area with Detroit proper. - (malraux)
         Bummer. - (folkert)
         That sucks - (mvitale) - (2)
             Yeah, I'm hearing promising noises from the recruiters - (drook) - (1)
                 Re: Yeah, I'm hearing promising noises from the recruiters - (mvitale)
         got any management you can fake? -NT - (boxley) - (4)
             ? - (drook) - (3)
                 looking for a team lead - (boxley) - (2)
                     Groovy, checking -NT - (drook) - (1)
                         bennies, still waiting for the job description - (boxley)
         Well, damn! - (a6l6e6x)
         Good luck - (hnick) - (2)
             Not that much younger - (drook) - (1)
                 It's a benefit, for sure. - (malraux)
         send a resume please, boss is interested -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             Sent -NT - (drook)
         Damn.. damn.. - (Ashton) - (1)
             Yeah, working on a real business plan for that -NT - (drook)
         I love a feeding frenzy - (drook) - (4)
             But, one doesn't get paid a range. - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                 "They're looking to pay in the $x range." Not actually a "range" - (drook) - (2)
                     Was pondering your situation, (fwiw) - (Ashton) - (1)
                         Meetings can fail for so many reasons - (drook)

We're talking "filled with angry bees" levels of agony.
71 ms