IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I never got Dylan or The Dead.
And this list is basically "those musicians that other people revere, but whom Peter thinks are unlistenable shit".

I can't be arsed with The Rolling Stones, either. Awful, awful guitar sound and a hideous voice.

And the Beatles? Yeah, thanks a lot, you Liverpudlian gits. You - yeah, you - caused Oasis.

ETA: This jibes with my theory of The Classic Rock Event Horizon. For me there are certain aarteests who I will never be old enough to enjoy. There's no logic to it; Springsteen is perpetually 10 years too old for me, yet I'm quite OK with most of Led Zeppelin's output (although HotH was a load of bollocks).

ETAA: The oldsters have got their panties in a mighty, mighty knot in the comments.
Expand Edited by pwhysall July 22, 2014, 09:28:52 AM EDT
New Agree, with caveats
There are some Beatles songs I enjoy quite a bit.

Other than that, yes to everything you said.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
     The 10 Biggest Classic Rock Douchebags - (lincoln) - (11)
         Gotta agree about Lennon. The Beatles were crap. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (9)
             I Know!11 Gimme the DC5 any day!! They were the real innovators!!11 -NT - (Another Scott) - (6)
                 you are thinking of mc5 openers for DC5 - (boxley) - (5)
                     :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                     Wow, never heard of them before - (drook) - (2)
                         amboy dukes were that era, good as well - (boxley) - (1)
                             That I've heard -NT - (drook)
                     I learned how to play Ramblin' Rose back in the late eighties - (jake123)
             I never got Dylan or The Dead. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 Agree, with caveats - (malraux)
         Garcia - (gcareaga)

It's Lord of the Flies, but with iPhones.
72 ms