IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The 10 Biggest Classic Rock Douchebags

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, '“Pudd'’nhead Wilson'’s New Calendar'” 1897
New Gotta agree about Lennon. The Beatles were crap.
New I Know!11 Gimme the DC5 any day!! They were the real innovators!!11
New you are thinking of mc5 openers for DC5
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New :-)
New Wow, never heard of them before
They're all good, but the bass player is a monster.
--

Drew
New amboy dukes were that era, good as well
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New That I've heard
--

Drew
New I learned how to play Ramblin' Rose back in the late eighties
used to cover it in a band I played with back then.

Seriously rockin'. Those guys were waaayyyyyy ahead of their time.
New I never got Dylan or The Dead.
And this list is basically "those musicians that other people revere, but whom Peter thinks are unlistenable shit".

I can't be arsed with The Rolling Stones, either. Awful, awful guitar sound and a hideous voice.

And the Beatles? Yeah, thanks a lot, you Liverpudlian gits. You - yeah, you - caused Oasis.

ETA: This jibes with my theory of The Classic Rock Event Horizon. For me there are certain aarteests who I will never be old enough to enjoy. There's no logic to it; Springsteen is perpetually 10 years too old for me, yet I'm quite OK with most of Led Zeppelin's output (although HotH was a load of bollocks).

ETAA: The oldsters have got their panties in a mighty, mighty knot in the comments.
Expand Edited by pwhysall July 22, 2014, 09:28:52 AM EDT
New Agree, with caveats
There are some Beatles songs I enjoy quite a bit.

Other than that, yes to everything you said.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Garcia
I am going to show this to my friend and colleague Nick, whose job title is Grateful Dead Archivist. He is so amusing when overtaken by apoplexy.
     The 10 Biggest Classic Rock Douchebags - (lincoln) - (11)
         Gotta agree about Lennon. The Beatles were crap. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (9)
             I Know!11 Gimme the DC5 any day!! They were the real innovators!!11 -NT - (Another Scott) - (6)
                 you are thinking of mc5 openers for DC5 - (boxley) - (5)
                     :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                     Wow, never heard of them before - (drook) - (2)
                         amboy dukes were that era, good as well - (boxley) - (1)
                             That I've heard -NT - (drook)
                     I learned how to play Ramblin' Rose back in the late eighties - (jake123)
             I never got Dylan or The Dead. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 Agree, with caveats - (malraux)
         Garcia - (gcareaga)